Pics of the "MKV Supra" (I know I know...repost, but just look)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Toyota could sell that concept car, probably not. And the concept car is not a Supra. Nor is the Lexus posted here several times.

ahmedootie

Camel Jockey
May 16, 2005
Vernon Hills, IL
MKOWNAGE
p517472_1.jpg

for tha mutha fucking win
I'll take this over any MK you decide to throw at me...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
The black car with pads on it that had "spy shots" done on it was nicer looking. That thing looks like a silver nightmare. The rims are terrible. Triple exhaust.. why? It looks like a Lexus SC430 had sex with a S2000 and they gave birth to a hardtop. An ugly baby hardtop.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
This is confirmed to be true. It will be a TT v6 producing around 420hp :D The $70k price tag is right too :(

Believe it when I see it.

Until I get more concrete evidence, all of you guys' are talking out of your asses as far as I'm concerned.:)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Yea, me Jeff and Grim did.. then we did nothing for 20 odd years and then we let other people join... :icon_roll

It's all part of our ongoing deal with Satan... :evildeal:

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
off topic nothin! lol oh well, it'll get more attention here.

The I-6 isn't as balanced as a lot of people think they are. The v8 has been the most naturally balanced motor produced, because the momentum of a properly balanced v8 keeps it stationary and allows it to make a LOT of power. The I-6 DOES have a "natural balance" because all the cylinders are inline, but not quite as balanced as a v8

Did you just make that up? LOL.

An inline 6 is perfectly balanced by itself. Not because it's inline, just because it is, haha. There are plenty of articles looking at the balance and momentum.

Inline 4's, 5's, etc are not balanced, 6's are.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I like the look of the car got boost? posted but not the BS text about it. 3JZ, twin turbo, 500bhp, targa option no verts or GTFO

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The I-6 isn't as balanced as a lot of people think they are. The v8 has been the most naturally balanced motor produced, because the momentum of a properly balanced v8 keeps it stationary and allows it to make a LOT of power. The I-6 DOES have a "natural balance" because all the cylinders are inline, but not quite as balanced as a v8
Actually, a V8 is well balanced because with a 90 degree V configuration and 8 cylinders, you can easily counter-balance the movement of the pistons with counterweights on the crankshaft. This does make for a heavier rotating assembly though.

An inline 6 is balanced because of the movement of the 6 (important)cylinders in a plane. There is another cylinder doing the exact opposite of any given cylinder in the motor. If one's moving up, another's countering it by moving down. If one con rod is accelerating to the left, another is acceleratign to the right. Interesting note, and I3 engine is almost as well balanced, but with vibrations end to end due to cylinder movements not being mirrored on the other end of the motor.

A V12 is also very well balanced regardless of plane angle. It's 2 I6s together :)

An I5 is pretty well balanced, but not practical for the same reasons as an I6. A V6 is a very good compromise with cost, balance and size, which is why a lot of auto makers are switching a lot of cars to them. You can balance a V6 very nicely with a single balance shaft located in between the V. I4 motors are really unbalanced by nature, but they're really cheap to make.

I dont know, I still like 7 main bearings on my motor :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
These car rags LOVE to report this stuff because it makes people who will never be able to afford a $60,000 sports car run out and buy the magazine.

Automotive News: All rumors of the two-passenger sports car's return are false until you see the car at the dealership.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Dirgle said:
Yep, still waiting on the new Nissan GTR.... and waiting....... and still waiting.

I don't know if you've seen this little video or not. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...Id=119564?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..1.*
That and there are a few with it testing on the Nurburgring. Just thought id throw that up there.

Also as a side note, what is believed to be the new tiburon is RWD and has a turbo'd 4...
C'mon Toyota.... If Hyandai can make a turbo'd RWD car then so can you!

A

ArthurRitus

Its nice, for a new car. I would pick my mk3 over it anyday. I just think new cars are getting uglier and uglier every year.

YARIS?
PRIUS?
and have you seen the new GOLFs?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I remember these threads starting for the new 2002 Supra. It is not coming. Well, a change in leadership/strategy might bring one.