Pics of the "MKV Supra" (I know I know...repost, but just look)

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Supracentral said:
Hrm...

Not an inline six - check
Not a turbo - check
Not a Toyota - check
Not easily modded for power - check

Not a Supra - check.

I could be bounded in a nutshell and call myself the king of infinite space....

it's rumored though that even the new skyline will be loosing the I6 :( They have already assured everyone that it's coming and what it will look like, but the engine i bet has gone the way of the Dodo

the only manufacturer i know of today that still produces a car with a I6 is BMW and TVR

wade3570

Jan 7, 2007
tallahassee, florida
hope i'm not bursting anyone's bubble, but i read an article in some car mag this month that said that Toyota is trying to make it clear that the new design is NOT the supra MKV, but thier new hybrid sports car. i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Tanya said:
QFT!

Why do Toyota and Nissan persist to move away from the great legacy?? Why isn't there a 3JZ or RB27?? Whaiiiiiiiiiii

easy, Environmental Regulations and cost of design I Think it is stupid given that the new GT-R is supposed to be around $70K they could have atleast done an I6. All they are doing is taking an engine they already have in production and tunning it for performance.

Or maybe they are pulling the biggest switch we have ever seen, saying no I6 when it will be a 3JZ Makes Sense the 2JZ is not that old and it would be time for a new motor. they only stopped with the 2J in NA with the IS300

Boosted Supra

AEM 7MGTE 6765
Apr 7, 2005
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Who cares about the 2JZ, that engine is over 10yrs old. Imagine buying that FT-HS and dropping in a 2JZ, it'll be just like a swapping a 2JZ into any car just to have MKIV power? You like your inline 6? Then keep it in your current Supra. A new high performance engine would be something new for us all, new parts, exhaust design, etc.......

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
They are calling it the Supra replacement!!! I think its great if Toyota comes out with a modern day sportscar. Just like the 2000GT influenced the Supra, the Supra has influenced this new modern day car. Great!!! I believe this car proves that the Supra line is infact dead. I will say this though!!! The Supra line may be dead but the car lives on with all of us.:icon_bigg

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
The new skyline engine is a beefed up version of the new G35 engine the VQ35HR. A non turbo, V6 3.5 liter engine. Or the newer G35 engine, the VQ37HR with twin turbos on it making it the VQ37HR-TT. A V6 3.7 liter twin turbo with 450HP. Not bad if you ask me.

So the choices of engines are the 3.5L V6 VQ35HR or the 3.7 TT V6 VQ37HR-TT.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Boosted Supra said:
Who cares about the 2JZ, that engine is over 10yrs old. Imagine buying that FT-HS and dropping in a 2JZ, it'll be just like a swapping a 2JZ into any car just to have MKIV power? You like your inline 6? Then keep it in your current Supra. A new high performance engine would be something new for us all, new parts, exhaust design, etc.......

Uh you missed the point. we're saying the JZ engine should be UPDATED. Not that they should throw in a 2JZ and call it a day. The M series engines ran for 25+ years before being replaced with the JZ series, why should the JZ series be discontinued so soon?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Here are some pics that I took of it at the show. Saves people from clicking. Im not 100% sold on the front end but everything else is pure sex.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Looks like shit! They tried way too hard to try to make it look futuristic, the front say a cheap bodykit, sides much resemble a 350z, the 3 exhaust thing is dumb and I heard there are no turbos in order who would want this piece of shit!

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Toyota wants badly to overtake GM. To do this they are systematically taking cost out of every piece of their cars. The JZ engines are history because they only fit in two platforms, both front-engine rear wheel drive and that is not cost effective. The replacement GR engines fit in every 6 cylinder platform they make. Yes, they are V6s, and that does not please the enthusiasts, but they are very competitive and cost 50% less to make than the JZ and MZ lines they replaced (the result of a huge investment that started around 2003). In the end, its a very straightforward business decision to unify product lines and reduce manufacturing costs.