Performace upgrades for the 7mGE????

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
DEFIANT 7M;1836872 said:
AJ I think your going to be surprised when you re-dyno in a good way.

Hope so, with a GE you have to be a little realistic along with a little conservative :)

Been trying to find a dynojet in my area, anybody know of one around the Sarasota, fl area?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Best upgrade for a GE? A turbo.

Really. You'd be lucky to break 300 with massive cams, and a stroker crank. Way too much money to get not very much out of it.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
That is 100% a matter of preference. I LOVED my NA. Sure it didn't make as much power as a turbo but it was still a hell of a lot of fun.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
upgrade for 7mge < 7mgte < 1jzgte < 2jzgte. I skipped the first two options and went 2jz :), couldnt be happier with the stock twins. Cant wait till i go single :p

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
Backlash2032;1836893 said:
Best upgrade for a GE? A turbo.

Really. You'd be lucky to break 300 with massive cams, and a stroker crank. Way too much money to get not very much out of it.
Did he really just say that!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
AJ'S 88NA;1837188 said:
Yeah, we get the GE haters when they see a post like this :)

I'm cool with hanging onto a ge, I enjoyed mine. :) But the problem is most people pursue ge mods when they don't have the cash or resources to do a turbo conversion. Truth is noticeable gains on the 7mge don't come quickly or easily. It takes as much work and $$ as a turbo swap. If you don't shell out the time and $$ to do it right all you end up with is a cheaply done, ricey na supra with minimal power.

If everyone approached the na's like aj, cre and defiant we'd all be drooling over them. Unfortunately you guys are EXTREME exceptions.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
suprarx7nut;1837307 said:
I'm cool with hanging onto a ge, I enjoyed mine. :) But the problem is most people pursue ge mods when they don't have the cash or resources to do a turbo conversion. Truth is noticeable gains on the 7mge don't come quickly or easily. It takes as much work and $$ as a turbo swap. If you don't shell out the time and $$ to do it right all you end up with is a cheaply done, ricey na supra with minimal power.

If everyone approached the na's like aj, cre and defiant we'd all be drooling over them. Unfortunately you guys are EXTREME exceptions.

Wow..I think I should feel insulted being called an extremeist...but being mentioned in the same sentence as CRE and Defiant I'll take it as a compliment..Thanks :)

I agree with what you said except for doing as much work and $$ as a turbo swap it is I believe less work and $$ per horsepower that you would get with a swap.

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
AJ'S 88NA;1836885 said:
Hope so, with a GE you have to be a little realistic along with a little conservative :)

Been trying to find a dynojet in my area, anybody know of one around the Sarasota, fl area?

Try here http://www.kesatiemotorsports.com/

suprarx7nut;1837307 said:

Your right... Look at my forever project, yea I could have slapped something together. But then what would be the point for everyone to say "should of put a turbo on it!" Yea cost may be on the higher side. But nobody has tried hard enough to see what actually could be achieved. R/D isn't cheap, quick or easy when your going in uncharted waters. Some of the wild ideas have created other ideas and thinking. AJ we are the extremists, the think tanks. We refused to comply with the norm to make something better. AJ your throttle body set up is sick!! I wouldn't be surprised if it became a major mod for N/As. Your new dyno numbers will give it merit of a worth while mod, and energize everyone me included. Really that's what it's all about anyway.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
DEFIANT 7M;1837830 said:
Try here http://www.kesatiemotorsports.com/

Your right... Look at my forever project, yea I could have slapped something together. But then what would be the point for everyone to say "should of put a turbo on it!" Yea cost may be on the higher side. But nobody has tried hard enough to see what actually could be achieved. R/D isn't cheap, quick or easy when your going in uncharted waters. Some of the wild ideas have created other ideas and thinking. AJ we are the extremists, the think tanks. We refused to comply with the norm to make something better. AJ your throttle body set up is sick!! I wouldn't be surprised if it became a major mod for N/As. Your new dyno numbers will give it merit of a worth while mod, and energize everyone me included. Really that's what it's all about anyway.

Thanks for the link Allan, will try to contact them asap.

kwatso23

Jul 11, 2010
Mid north coast
I say stick with N/A. I rebuilt mine last year with cams, 10.5: 1 comp, ported head, crank scrapers etc and untuned running stock AFM it made 170 at the wheels. It fry's the tires and is really reliable. Yes turbos are good but they're not the end all be all. Dare to be different.