Over reved my 7m-gte

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Last I was at the dragstrip I missed 3rd gear and bounced of rev limiter. At the end of the run my car shut off on the return road... twice. Back at the pits it idled like it had a miss, and felt like it lost power when I drove it.

Let me show you what it ended up being. Number one cylinder compression was around 10-15psi. Added a cap full of oil and the pressure bumped up to about 80psi. It was the bottem end I thought. Sure enough.

dscf3033u.jpg

dscf3035.jpg

You're fucked man! Your engine is toast!!! Either start your re-build up thread or your part out thread.

I'm sure you're fine. Just do a compression test to be on he safe side. Good luck..

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
SUPRASTEVE;1574643 said:
i was having a little fun with my 7m and I over reved it it went to about 6600 barely over the limit. However the car then shut off. I started it back up and it idled fine and temp was good, so was oil pressure. I am due for an oil change and I need to change my plugs. The point is after I over reved the car, it seems like it lost some power. This Engine's got a rebuilt head, 30over JE pistons and eagle rods and hks headgasket and arp bolts studs and main caps. The car runs alright just feels a lil less powerful, Did I really send my engine to an early death?

Hey does JE make 30 over pistons? I thought it was just 20, 40 or 60 over for the 7m.......some more info on the whole 30 over bore...thanks....

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Oh shit, opps its 20over Thanks for the point out Wardog!

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

yeah no miss shifting just burning rubber and tapped over the redline.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
No check engine light the car just died, after going a bit over red. But ummm so far the car is running fine. the Tranny is leaking fluid from somewhere though the slave and master is done so unknown. Theres a thread on here about this. Oh yeah and my Turbo is burning oil but I'm going to see "Rodel" Today to get one.

Beefy_Heafy

Toyota Love
Nov 9, 2009
South East Qld
mabye just prelube it a little. Thats what the TSRM tells you to do i think. Tranny might me leaking around the shifter gaskets. i pulled my trans out last night since i broke something in it (didnt know that was possible for r154) and found that the shifter was the source of my slow leak.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I just unhook the Coils so it can't fire then crank it till I see pressure on the stock gauge, normally you'd confirm flow at the drain but on a ct26 the hardline makes this difficult.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Yeah TSRM saying something about it, Also I'm going to need to get all the gaskets for it Iwanna get steelbraided lines but kits are expensive and I am too dumb to make one up on my own.

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
Popped open the radiator cap and there is oil in it not alot but you can tell, thinking I have a BHG don't know if the turbo burning oil has anything to deal with it. Oh well just run it till it dies. Hopefullly a year ez.