Ordered a New Daily Driver (2011 IS250 6MT)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Kangae;1644703 said:
I used to do that in my Chevelle, and accidentally turn on the hi beams.
High beam switch belongs on the floor, IMO. My first car was a '71 Chevy C-10 Stepside. I loved the high beam switch on floor!

mnracer550;1644706 said:
whats even worse is getting off long days driving forklifts hitting the blinkers when trying to go in reverse and drive( if uv ever drivin a forklift you'll know what im talkin bout) but congratz on the car will be an awesome dd
Been there, done that. I'm sure the people driving behind me thought I was wasted. Haha.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Been there on the forklift thing... Or when you go from driving your Supra a lot to driving a truck, and reach down toward the floor for a non existent shifter. What's worse than that is reaching for a column shifter on the Supra after driving the delivery truck all day. :p

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
If you order one they have in the pool of available cars at the port, about 2 weeks.

If you place an order with the factory in Japan, 4-6 months.

They had a black 6MT in Vancouver, so I was told it should be here next week sometime, but I don't really know exactly when.

Jeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
: insert "this thread is worthless without pics" smiley :

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take many pics at all, and none before I put my winter wheels/tires on it. I really wanted to get a few pics of the car with the alloys, but whatever. I had so much stuff to get done on the first day of getting it, so I had no time, and it's winter outside, so now it's kind of dirty. Picture opportunities won't exist for a while now... :(

Oh well, here's the new car, I sold my XRS to my uncle, who I believe is enjoying it a lot! Throttle controller is going into my IS250:

brandnew.jpg

Jeff

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Got about 450km on it so far, it's pretty cool. :)

Nicest features thus far are the entire smart key setup (including puddle lamps, etc.) and the Bluetooth Audio system. There are so many little things that are neat/cool all over the car though, it makes me happy.

Jeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
:drool:

So, when you takin' me out in this beautiful new car, Jeffrey?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Well that's a load of poop!

Congrats, Jeff, the car looks absolutely fantastic!

Edit: You are 2,437 miles from me. I suppose I'll take a rain check, or an e-hug.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I will gladly hug it upon it's arrival. Hope you sprayed your cologne on it!