Ordered a New Daily Driver (2011 IS250 6MT)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
IS350 only comes with an auto transmission. While it is quite a bit faster, and that's obviously very nice, I'd rather have a manual transmission. The price difference doesn't hurt either, haha. But even if I was getting a used one, I'd have to get the manual, I dunno I just really need to be able to have complete transmission control. I find autos to be both boring and annoying to drive on a regular basis.

People complain about odd clutch noises and so on with the IS250 tranny setup, but perhaps they're just used to Lexus vehicles? I dunno, but I can live with some noise and get used to a different clutch feel. I could probably get used an auto transmission too, but I don't have to, so why would I? Haha.

Jeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Agreed. I've never owned an automatic car in my life, except to re-sell. Any time I drive an auto I get bored. Manual FTW.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Lol that's what I do in my LS400, I'm always fiddling with the shifter, but that was before they had the slapstick so its not as much fun.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Congrats man, you're one of two whole people I know with an XRS. Nice cars, I gotta admit, for a Corolla, riding in my friend's car always felt a lot more luxurious than my Supra, but the FWD thing just feels wrong to me.

You gonna post up some pics on here? I'm sure I could just Google them, but it's not *your* car, you know? :p

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Haha, my personal favorite is when I do get in an auto car, as I'm coming to a stop I reach for the clutch with my foot, and have to fight off the urge to slide the car into park, thinking it'll be first gear.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
shaeff;1644679 said:
Haha, my personal favorite is when I do get in an auto car, as I'm coming to a stop I reach for the clutch with my foot, and have to fight off the urge to slide the car into park, thinking it'll be first gear.

I used to do that in my Chevelle, and accidentally turn on the hi beams.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mnracer550

Sep 15, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
whats even worse is getting off long days driving forklifts hitting the blinkers when trying to go in reverse and drive( if uv ever drivin a forklift you'll know what im talkin bout) but congratz on the car will be an awesome dd