OK, This has to STOP.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Do not resort to drugs, alchohol or pills. They cause addiction, side effects and more costs.

Just look around your bedroom and see what could be keeping you awake.
Maybe its too much light, noise, too hot or too cold....Are you eating too late at nite too maybe too close to bedtime?

The ticking sound of a clock used to keep my brother awake. So you see it could be something very small.

Exercise does help alot. You just need to reprogram your body's sleep patterns and you do not need pills to do that.

Set out a time table for it...A sleep time...a wake up time.
And do not sleep before your bedtime. Sleeping in the day will make it harder for you to sleep later at night.
If you cant sleep, just lay in bed, play some good relaxing music and try not to worry about things alot.Keep your room warm too.

Once your body gets used to it, your should be fine.

Cheers,
Roy

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
OK here's my problem, i have a bad sleeping problem, i dont ever have a set time to go to bed, if i only get prolly 2-4 hours a sleep a day, and its like that 5 days a week until the weekends, then i'll sleep 12+ hours on the weekends, my problem is i dont have a set time to sleep w/e i get tired i gotta sleep, I got school in 1 1/2 hours. and i havent slept a wink, if i dont come home from school and sleep i wont sleep much because it i stay awake usually longer then 10PM i'll stay awake all day and get shit for sleep on the weekday, and it all catch's up with me on the weekend, then it fucks me up even more.

Is anyone on a High MG sleep Medicine? any recommendations? Tylenol PM dosent work, No im not Depressed, I do have alot on my mind, But i'v always never been able to sleep worth a shit and now im sick of it.. Help me out?

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I would talk to a Dr.

Seriously. A Dr. can go over this with you, make sure everything's OK, and then proscribe medicine if that's what you need.

I have a brother in law who takes a sleeping pill from time to time. The Dr. told him to make sure he was close to his bed when he took it.... He laughed... and the first night grabbed a drink of water, and took the pill at the kitchen counter... woke up on the floor of his living room, but he did get a full 8 hours of sleep....

Now he takes it at his bedside, and only uses it a few times a week at the most.

Few tips.
Make sure your room is completely dark. Remove all nightlights, LED's and other distractions for your mind. Same goes for the day. Try and leave everything your working on during the day out of your thoughts when you get ready to go to bed. It's not easy, and always possible, but it will help you sleep better if you can do it. (Don't go to bed angry either.)

Good luck man.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
Eh, I think mostly my problem is i Like to have the tv on and if a good show's on i'll force myself to stay awake and watch it, and i'll write the movie down later to buy it..... even sleeping pills wont put me to sleep, i'll get tired, then i'll force myself to stay awake then its like it wore off and didnt work.. i Dont really wanna go to the doctors and hear them BS..

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Listen to yourself.

Then turn off the TV. Unplug the phone. Turn off your cell phone. Turn off your alarm clock, or cover it up so you can't be distracted by the light. Make sure your blinds are closed, house is quiet and get some sleep man.

If you still can't fall asleep, go to a DR.

bonus12

Backroads Driver
Jul 15, 2006
CA
there is a biological clock inside us. humans sleep best when they go to bed at the same time each night. at a consistent time each night, there is something called REM, a time when humans are in the deepest sleep.

if you go to sleep at diffrent times often, the REM period will get skrewed up and you will be tired.

maybe this helps. maybe this will help also:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/sleep.htm

killarb634

Apr 1, 2005
Jersey's here
A liter of jack a night should have you sleeping at least 8 hours a night, if you combine that with some ambien you'll have some sweet dreams too. I've taken ambien and it knocks me out however you get "drunk" before you go to sleep. I always wake up the next day and feel like i had a great night of sleep. Just go to sleep when you take it and don't try to stay awake to be "drunk" from it

B

Boostaddctn

Stop smoking crack... problem solved... aught peace :chicken:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
i go through some of the same things and you should go to the doctor, it may seam like nothing but sometimes its beyond your habits.

i've gone 3 days working like 12 hour days on about 3 hours of sleep + school and just felt tired through one part of the day and wired 15 minutes later. You may not be slitting your wrists but you could have depression. Dont just take sleeping pills, get your seratonin levels evened out.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Starbucks.

I have the same problem, Im addicted to TV and the internet. Even when I turn everything in my room off and its completely dark I cant fall asleep for hours.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
LOTS AND LOTS OF SEX....that should get you sleepin like a baby again.
and if that doesnt work.
set a time you have to be in the bed, everyday, even if you lay there for 4 hours.
every night do this and your bio clock will change.
If that doesnt help, take adjusters advice and go see the doc.

Finnon

Mar 26, 2006
South Shields, Tyne & Wear ENGLAND
yup dude go see a doctor for deffo. im fairly healthy and have regular sleep etc but my bro would do mad shit like sleep all day and then stay up all night. he refused to go to the docs and weirdly from refusin to go see the doc for anything at all he ended up with pneumonia. They arent evil bad people.

A pal of mine told me about a pain he is getting in a "certain" place i told him to get to the docs but he was like "ahh time is a healer man" the daft shite.

i cant tell him anymore than what i have done.

dude go see a doc its easy and itll probably be something simple to sort out.

My grandpa when he was alive beleived that doctors and surgeons were a higher class of human than the rest as they were able to fix the rest of us to a certain degree. perhaps he was right i dunno

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
It's been said, but I'll say it as well.

You need to see a Doctor. That's the ONLY thing you should listen to out here on the Intarweb when it comes to things like this.

D34DC311 said:
LOTS AND LOTS OF SEX....that should get you sleepin like a baby again.

However I found this cured my insomnia pretty well. :)