Official SF thread

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
While I agree that SF's down time is definitely unacceptable. The size and complexity of the database as well as the traffic that goes thought it is one of the largest I have seen. It's probably stretching the limits of vBulletin was designed to do on current hardware.

snake eyes

Dec 21, 2005
katy, tx
www.myspace.com
Troyota said:
Same here...this is ridiculous...why is it that all the other forums I use that are VBulletin based don't have that many problems except SF?

ya this sux, and rx7club.com is down and i need to get some access for my FC, apparently all of them suck right now lol

<l><l>

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
dirgle said:
While I agree that SF's down time is definitely unacceptable. The size and complexity of the database as well as the traffic that goes thought it is one of the largest I have seen. It's probably stretching the limits of vBulletin was designed to do on current hardware.

SF isn't really that big, there are many more forums out there that are much bigger, and don't have nearly the amount of problems that SF does.

Cravin Boost

MMMM Smells like coolant
Nov 8, 2005
Eugene OR
how bout they change the name to YOYO forums

Its up
Its down
Its up
Its down
Its up
Its down
Its up
Its down
Its up
Its down
Its up
Its down
reindex
Its up
Its down
Its up
Its down
Its up
Its down
Its up
Its down
reindex

N

NDBoost

Time to vent here. Im tired of SF i wish someone would hack their sorry ass server and send it to the dark ages. Im tired of the MKIV guys treating the MK3 guys like inferior underpriced pieces of shit.

Being on SF makes me appreciate SM even that much more. Im glad i don't own a MKIV because along with the car comes the stereotypical image that id be a stuck up rich teen fuckwad that has mommy and daddy buy him everything when really thats not true. I've worked for everything i have on my car and in my garage. As i said on SF ill never own a MKIV specifically because their over priced, and too god damn common and easy to make gobs of HP. I would rather own a older classic import such as the MK3 and fix it up and make it clean and quick.

You all are probably wondering what caused this random rant of a thread. If you have an SF account visit:
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354847&page=2&pp=25

And read the posts BTW im sabotage on SF. If you dont have an SF acct ill post up a copy/pasted HTML version of the SF thread in a bit.

so once again, thank you all admin and staff for supporting SM. If it werent for you guys i would of lost faith in the supra community ages ago.. Keep up the hard work.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
It is good that we (MkIII guys) have the opportunity to share this forum and that there are people dedicated to making SM the place to be for the MkIII.

However, I do hate the generalizations that many people seem to spew regarding MkIV guys vs. MkIII guys. Being a prick is does not come with the car. I have met more than my fair share of the nicest MkIV owners you will ever meet. At the same time I have also met several MkIII people that are just complete A$$#0!3s.

I do have my opinions about SF and that a "community" portal should NEVER be under the control of any parts shop. SF is a business line item for MVP and has a choke-hold on the community. Unfortunately, most people will never understand that as they are too busy playing in off-topic making posts about how they "Just took a breath, what should I do now?" - kind of extreme but not really that far off.

Maybe I'm getting old.

Oh well. I'm just glad I have this place to visit. Is SM Perfect? No. It too is missing some things that could help make it even better.

Keith Hart
Supra owner since 1996
Supra Enthusiast - ALL GENERATIONS!

N

NDBoost

Keith you are totally correct. I can totally appreciate a MKIV as it is for a car, me personally i wouldn't own one. I have to say ive met my fair share of MKIV guys here locally in az and there are a select few that are nice and such. I guess why i feel its so stereotypical is because of all the flaming that goes on @ SF. If there was something i could donate to SM to help keep it going i would, shit i even was thinking about making some sort of yearly membership that got us all discounts on major parts places or major service places..

Desertzassociation.com offers a yearly subscription to their membership for $40/yr and they get like $1,000 off in different deals n stuff from things valley wide in AZ. Just imagine if we could do that for the supra community! But nation wide

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
NDBoost - The "discounts" you mentioned have been though of over and over. The problem is in the fact that the various "Supra" shops don't support this community that much. Sure, they all say they offer discounts to Supra guys but at the end of the day all they care about is getting the sale.

Let's say for a minute that there is a national Supra Owner Group that has members that pay an annual membership fee. That fee entitles those members to preferred pricing at various shops (preferred shops also pay an annual fee to the organization to be a preferred shop). Shop X promotes a $5 widget with a 20% off for members in good standing with the group. Shop Y will just come in and offer the same widget for $3.74 (actually beating the preferred vendor pricing). This just causes the "membership" fee to be worthless.

I would love nothing more than to see an actual "organization" for the Supra owners - not just a bunch of loose communities that don't play well together. A community with by-laws, elected leaders, a charter, etc.

Oh well... I can dream can't I?