Official Haltech thread...Supra Jumper and P&P harnesses available!!!

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I thought we should have a Haltech specific thread here so if you guys have any questions or experience with Haltech EMS's it will all be in one place.

BIC Performance is an official Haltech dealer and it is our EMS of choice. I have the New Platinum Sport 2000 ECU in my own car and have installed and tuned many on our customers cars. There is a P&P harness available for the 2jzgte MK4 Supra using the PS 2000 EMS, and now recently released a brand new fully terminated harness for the 2jz using all new wires, connectors and plugs and plugs right into the ECU.

BIC Performance has just finished testing our prototype Jumper Harness to adapt the Haltech Sport 2000 ECU to stock 1JZ engine wiring. We are hoping to have our first production harness built and tested in the next two weeks. Installation will take only a few minutes and will be loaded with a base map that will allow initial engine start-up. The best part is that there is NO wiring necessary, simply plug in the jumper harness to the engine harness and Haltech ecu and you are up and running in 10 min or less! !!

We are still working on final pricing, but hope to have it retail for close to the same price as the Haltech Sport 2000 with Long-Harness kit. The Jumper Harness will also be available separately, and we are hoping to develop one for the 7M engine as well. The harness will feature a 6-pin break-out plug featuring 5 volts, sensor ground, two AV inputs and two digital outputs. There will also be an option for a plug-in WBO2 and BIC 1zz ignition coil harness.

We are always open to product ideas so if you need a a different configuration for a Jumper Harness or a different ECU, please let us know. There is many P&P harnesses available from SR20, EVO ,350Z, R35 GTR and more...

Haltech's new Platinum Sport line of ECUs have been released for over a year and have quickly become one of the most popular stand-alone ECUs on the market. Some of the world's fastest import cars and best tuners and builders now use the new Haltechs. The Sport ECUs are packed with features, are reasonably priced, and by far have the best software on the market. Some of the key features include:

- true sequential injection (up to 12 cyl on PS 2000 ECU)
- true sequential ignition (up to 6 cyl on PS 2000 ECU)
- On board 2.5 BAR MAP sensor (or use with external MAP up to 10 BAR)
- Wide band "Auto tuning" using user definable target AFR table
- VE tuning
- open-loop or closed-loop boost control
- boost by gear
- wide band O2 control
- closed-loop idle control
- two-step rev limiter, soft/ hard cut
- antilag, flat shift
- fan control
- data logging
- much, much more.

The Haltech Sport 2000 is the preferred ECU for all BIC Performance project cars:
With 14 channels capable of controlling injection and ignition duties, the Platinum Sport 2000 can support most modern engines (including 3 rotor engines) with multi-coil or conventional distributor ignition systems as well as aftermarket CODI systems.
It is capable of controlling sequential injection on 4,6,8,10 & 12 cylinder engines and direct fire ignition for engines up to 6 cylinders, or wasted spark ignition on engines up to 12 cylinders.

Visit www.haltech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105&Itemid=20 for a full list of features.

Haltech Sport 1000 EMS:
With 8 channels capable of controlling injection and ignition duties, the Platinum Sport 1000 can support most modern engines (including 2 rotor engines) with multi-coil or conventional distributor ignition systems as well as aftermarket CDI systems.
It is capable of controlling sequential injection on engines up to 4 cylinders, or semi-sequential up to 8 cylinders, combined with direct fire ignition for engines up to 4 cylinders or wasted spark ignition on engines up to 8 cylinders.
Visit http://www.haltech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=94&Itemid=77 for a full list of details.

And the brand new entry level EMS, Haltech Sprint 500 features:
-4 x Fuel Injector outputs (for high impedance injectors only (ie: above 8Ω)
-4 x Ignition outputs
For a Retail price of UNDER $1000
Visit http://www.haltech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120&Itemid=88 for a full list of details.

Randy@BIC

paradox616

Sep 12, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hi,

I dont have a model listed, i've got the Haltech E6X installed in my 7m supra, as far as i can tell its similar to the Sport 1000, 4x ignition channels, 4x injector channels (only 6 drivers however)
int 2.5bar map etc,

I've made the loom my self (using a haltech long loom) as there is no plug n play for this model & my 7m, so far ive got it getting rpm signal, adjusting the tps, sparking using factory coils but had to ditch the multiplexing ignitor.

I've sorted my issues, If anyone has questions about wiring this ecu into a 7m feel free to pm me :)

Last edited:

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
The old E6X is really not that similar to the Sport 1000 besides the number of channels. The drivers are updated/ upgraded even from the E series ECUs, the Sport has so many more funtions and adjustability over the E6X, and the software is a dream to use, you can set it up anyway you like with maps, gauge displays, bar displays numeric displays or anything you want.

We are working on a 7M Plug in Harness too. we just need a local to donate thier car for a bit.

Randy

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
That sucks, post it as soon as you guys get it done though because I would buy it. What would be a price range for the 7M with the plug and play harness?

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
We are starting with the JZA70 P&P kits first. The 7M multiplex ignition is a little more complicated to make it as a P&P setup, we think we have it the solution, but will need to test it on a car first. We hope to get the JZA70 setup back on a car and get a full tune into it. We should have more info testing done in a week or two.

ml43

Feb 12, 2009
HI
i think for most 7m guys, the sprint 500 with a jumper harness is more than enough if you leave the stock ecu in place for a/c and IAC

you really dont "need" close loop boost control and on board data logging if you have a good tuner. the stock ecu can take care of all the other stuff, the only output you may need is a nitrous output and an electric fan output which I believe the sprint 500 can do

joliroger4

Flying Dutchman Pilot
Apr 4, 2005
New Jersey
www.geocities.com
I run a ps2000 in my MK3 and am fairly happy with it so far. I wired the car in what would be considered a pretty odd way. My car first had an e11v2 in it with the 7m which was pretty much the flagship Haltech EMS before the PS2000 was available and has the same pinout. I have twin DIS-4s on the car with MKIV coils installed on the 7M. I wired the car using a factory 7m harness with a patch harness I made. The ignition wiring comes directly out of the patch harness, to the MSDs, then directly to the coils and did not go through any of the factory harness wires. I then used the unused factory ignition wires to run the rest of the injectors since I was running the car with sequential injection and the factory setup was batch injection. The car ran fine off the factory CPS and all other sensors, the only sensors I added were MAP and IAT. Last year I decided I was going to switch over to a 2JZ. Since my 7m was already direct fire sequential injection, it was a rather easy wiring swap. I just had to modify the existing harness slightly for the different locations of the new sensors like the cam and crank sensors and change a few connectors over. Very simple and the software config was virtually the same(the 7m cps and the 2jz cam and crank sensors are both mutlitooth 24 and 1). What is funny now is seeing those old grey 7m connectors when I have the glove box apart, then looking under the hood and seeing the 2j purring under there. In around August I decided I wanted to give the PS2000 a try since it would of been a direct swap and Haltech pretty much dropped support on the E11V2.

Overall the car runs well. The ecu has many inputs and outputs. When I first got in to a standalone, I thought I would have no use for so many inputs and outputs, but the more I do, I am finding these quickly get used up. Boost control worked well when I was using it with the blue 3-port solenoid, 2-wire. The car could def use more driveability tuning in terms of idle speed and a few other little areas, but that's been my own negligence of addressing those areas and is no fault of the PS2000. Full throttle tuning was cake for my tuner. Some other small tidbits comparing this to the E11V2 is that this unit is very compact and the USB port is directly on the unit, no more ugly serial connector hanging out of your harness. However, while the onboard MAP is nice, I find it kind of useless being it is such a low value sensor. You would also have to plumb pressure in to where the ecu is mounted(in most cases inside the car) and I see it as another part that can break with that nipple hanging out of the ECU. Otherwise the capability of both units is pretty much the same, but the software for the PS2000 is much more intuitive and easy to navigate/monitior while the E11V2 has a lot of the configuration somewhat scattered about. Still a great, capable unit, but you had to know your way around the software. I am probably going to install the E11V2 in my truck.

There are two things I feel are short comings and they both relate to drag racing. First is in the software. I use nitrous to launch my car at the drag strip and it shuts off at 20psi, which is about 10 feet out of the whole. To set this up, there is a nitrous dialog which will become active when all the conditions I set are met, like a load window, ie: -15in/hg - 20psi, an rpm window and full throttle must be on. When all the conditions are met, the NOS will activate and you can also add or subtract fuel and timing when the nitrous is active. This all works great, but my problem is that when this window is configured, I can not run an input to the ecu where I can manually turn the NOS back on after launch(ie: I am 10 ft behind a car and need just a little more to reel him in) and still get those timing and fuel modifications. I can manually turn the NOS relay back on, but again, the fuel and timing settings wont apply and I can pop my motor. I am hoping Haltech can change the software so I can add a second NOS window activated by a new input and will activate the NOS when all the conditions I set are right.

Second is advanced boost control. When I launch my car, overboosting was a problem if I sat on the two step for too long and would blow the tires off. I needed something that could keep the boost down as low as 5psi while at the line and be able to give me about 30psi post launch. Co2 boost control was where I needed to move to with a 2psi wastegate spring. Unfortunately the PS2000 wasn't really equipped to handle this. However, I don't think any standalones currently can. I ended up with a piggyback boost control. This did disappoint me since I like to keep my car real clean and going back to a standalone in the glovebox was not where I wanted to be, but it did get the job done and I kept the install clean. It would be nice if Haltech could get in to the software required to run the two solenoids and wastegate pressure sensor transbrake input, gear counter signal etc and wrap it all up with a nice dialog that can support all the functions that these CO2 BCs can handle. I think most drag racers would be looking for time or gear based systems with ramp functions as well as a launch stage. I know it is easier said than done to come out with a reliable system like this, but I think this ems has the hardware to do it, it just needs the development in the firmware.

Overall I think this ecu is a great option for anyone looking for a standalone, but with most standalones, the person tuning it is a lot more important than the unit you choose. Also if I were buying a unit for a stock 7m, I would still get the ps2000 just for the sake of being able to expand down the road. You may take the 7m to a direct fire sequential set up, or you may do a 2JZ swap in which case you would want this unit. The PS2000 will run the old wasted spark batch fire 7m just as well as the PS1000 unit.

Last edited:

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Hey Randy I'll definately be picking one of these up soon. Song with a pnp harness for the 1j. I might have missed it but how much am I going to be putting down for the p2000 w a pnp harness?

skull

Dec 4, 2009
sweetwater tn
can we get some pictures of what this patch harness looks like? I need one for my setup. Im going to be running this exact same ECU

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Yes we have the Proto type done and working on testing the first sets of patch harness' on a stock 1jz then they will be available. Give us about two weeks and the testing should be done. Sorry its been taking so long but we have been so busy in the shop. We want to make sure these are 100% before we release them.

Randy

billiam

Mar 14, 2010
vancouver
We have wrapped up testing of the 1J PNP harness and we will be taking orders next week. We will be posting some pics, pricing info, and videos of the installation in the next following days. We were on the dyno this week end and on a mild bpu 1J we were able to pick up 10rwhp across the board.

As far as the base map and installation goes the unit is fully pnp and there is no extra wiring involved. Simply install the Sport 2000 with the PNP harness and that is it. There is a break out plug in the harness that includes a power, a ground, one AVI input and one digital output. Through this plug you can add a wide band O2 sensor( highly recommended), boost control, fan control, two step, anti lag and much more. The unit will be supplied with a base map, and after filling in the injector size, fuel pressure and displacement the car should fire and run. It must be noted that this is a BASE map and should be treated as one. The car will needed to be tuned as every car is different.

We can also build the harness to suite your needs as well as supply any extra parts required. Some options that are available are PNP WBO2, PNP boost control, PNP RacePak dashes, 1zz coil upgrades, Map sensor upgrades ( more boost), sequential injection upgrades and more

Fell free to send us a PM with any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Bill