OEM Sub

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
adampecush;1111222 said:
no carpet, but i did get the amp, and it is mint (too bad I'm not going to be using it) I'll get pictures of the inside of the sub box next week. The frames of the subs require a little bit of modification to fit the box, but it is just some trimming of the metal mounting flange, so it won't affect anything.

This what i'm really interested in. Cause when I get one of these subs I too would change them out to JLs. What I was just wondering is, will it have enough free space for the JLs to operate optimumly?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Here are some pictures of the inside of the box.

Despite the fact that the chambers in the box are not divided, the airspace is suitable for the two subs (as per JL's recommendation)

The box came with the foam sheet inside; however, I decided to coat the back of the box in a layer of Elemental designs Edead

P1020473.JPG

P1020474.JPG

P1020475.JPG

P1020476.JPG

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
adampecush;1125543 said:
Here are some pictures of the inside of the box.

Despite the fact that the chambers in the box are not divided, the airspace is suitable for the two subs (as per JL's recommendation)

The box came with the foam sheet inside; however, I decided to coat the back of the box in a layer of Elemental designs Edead

View attachment 24242

View attachment 24243

View attachment 24244

View attachment 24245

Very nice! And good decision on the Edead. Any pics of the old subs that came out? I bet it probably has a really small magent. lol

What amp are yo uusing to drive this now?

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Supra469;1125544 said:
Very nice! And good decision on the Edead. Any pics of the old subs that came out? I bet it probably has a really small magent. lol

What amp are yo uusing to drive this now?

no pictures, but they are just the typical stock 6.5" woofers that come in most cars. The magnet is about 3" in diameter.

As for amp, I've got a little clarion amp sitting around that I'm going to try using. I'll upgrade to something of a little higher quality if that doesn't do it for me.

The majority of my car is covered in 2 layers of edead...

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Nice. That's next for me put a layer of damping material.

Let me know how that sounds when you get it all hooked up. Man, I want one of those.........hook me up already!! :icon_bigg

orbis-gte

Sep 7, 2008
Kentucky
hi there, i have a tegra, and im wondering about the sub, that is a good part you got in the mail . how can i order one , ?

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Does anybody have even a part number for the sub enclosure? It may can be had from an Importer. Or, If I had the part number, I could at least search out for the part.

Anybody???

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
The oem sub is nothing like I thought it would look like, still really want to get ahold of one though. Does the factory HU of the pre 89's accept the sub?