NSX headlight conversion thread.....reborn.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
you might want to just fly the cars overthere....Honestly, i would love to break down in middle of the great plains or some crap LOL...hahahahahah

supra steph: you upload photos when you are posting.... look for this under the message area "Attach Files".....the file is most likely a jpeg or jpg ot a zip ( big file) file....all you do is write down the file name and search it in there and then post it or essentially upload it from your computer!

hope that helped.

-Jonathan

sirkus

May 12, 2005
Cartersville, Ga
itsholdingon.tk
SupraOfDoom said:
I do have a couple picture you guys may not of seen of the NSX headlight MKIII:
p26803_1.jpg

p26803_2.jpg

Woah, Nice lights, What year NSX do they come from? I might look into doing this mod.

fatboy

White Kid
Apr 5, 2005
Seatown
members.cardomain.com
I believe it is from '90 to... '95? And just to make sure that everyone knows, they are NOT HID headlights, they are halogen. The newer NSX's with the non-flip lights have HID. Also.. If anyone was curious on 'average' used prices, usually round $400 per SIDE (incl. housing etc). I paid $450 for both sides shipped, but.. like I said, they got damaged in the mail

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Have you tried taking them to Acura/Honda to see if you can just get the lenses?

It doesnt matter if the housings arent HID from the get go....you can get an HID kit ( my brother just ordered his 8000K HID kit for his 300zx)...

I am going to run 8000K or 10000K, depending on my brothers set up.

My friend with an 5speed IS300 ( used to have a Sr'd 240) stock HID's are 4600K...he wants to upgrade to 6000K or 8000K bulbs....

sirkus

May 12, 2005
Cartersville, Ga
itsholdingon.tk
fatboy said:
I believe it is from '90 to... '95? And just to make sure that everyone knows, they are NOT HID headlights, they are halogen. The newer NSX's with the non-flip lights have HID. Also.. If anyone was curious on 'average' used prices, usually round $400 per SIDE (incl. housing etc). I paid $450 for both sides shipped, but.. like I said, they got damaged in the mail
:nono: They're not that nice.

spipedong has a set of hids on his supra.. I want to see how that was done.

fatboy

White Kid
Apr 5, 2005
Seatown
members.cardomain.com
Yep, Honda/Acura said that they can do NOTHING. They do not sell the lenses seperatly, and the glass is GLUED on, so getting em off would be pretty hard, probably have to bake it and then end up ruining the whole assemblies completely. And yea, I guess it doesn't matter if they aren't HID from the get go.. If you want to spend lots and lots of money on an HID conversion kit. Search for one, they are EXPENSIVE. Once again, not saying it's not possible.. You just need looots and lots of money to spare :wuteva:

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Kris...you should know by now its JoNATHAN. LOL :rofl:

My brother just ordered his HID kit....$290 shipped for everything....I will post the website he got them from...US legal kit...made in Korea from a VERY well known business in Asia...

anywho, I am getting a 6000K or 8000K kit...any more than that kelvin rating is just purple and gay, the beam is less "bright"....

go to hidplanet.com and go to the forums, these guys wire new HID kits into old school cars like ours and dont bake wires....like some people "hear" happen...

-Jonathan

siman said:
supra steph: you upload photos when you are posting.... look for this under the message area "Attach Files".....the file is most likely a jpeg or jpg ot a zip ( big file) file....all you do is write down the file name and search it in there and then post it or essentially upload it from your computer!

hope that helped.

-Jonathan

thanks i'll do that as soon as i get to my computer (not on my computer right now)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
UPDATE:

My brother just installed his 6000K HID kit...and WOW what a difference! Of course no job goes without minor mishaps...he cut the tip of his finger with his wire cutters/stripper tool....nearly took the tip of his finger off! But when that was over we went on a midnight test drive! SOOOO MUCH better!

I just need to find a hi/low beam HID kit for the supra...and with automatic glare shields and such....which that means $$$$$$$

Unless i go all out and do the NSX headlights like I have planned...which is twice as much time and money!

-Jonathan

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
i want non pop-ups! i'm giving cpr to this thread. forget the nsx. Any vendors/company out there wanna fabracate aftermarket headlight housings to replicate the nsx for the mk3? It will make you rich.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, i have yet to start my NSX headlight conversion, although, i DO have the housings. i just need the time to undertake the project. ;)

tony, popups are sexy! the ONLY flush conversion i'd ever do, is the soarer front end conversion.

-shaeff

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
In my opinion the new Vette is unfinished. Having the headlights exposed at all times really kills the sleek, clean lines of the car - for me. I love to be able to put the headlights down and all you get is the fogs.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
I wish a supplier would bite the bullet & fab a true bolt in conversion. Pipe dream I know, but a nice NSX kit stamped from sheet metal would rock! Throw in some off-the-shelf lights & a few misc pieces to give the lights adjustability & you're set. I think that $300-$400 for a full conversion kit would be about right, I'd buy it.

Last edited:

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
shaeff said:
heh, i have yet to start my NSX headlight conversion, although, i DO have the housings. i just need the time to undertake the project. ;)

tony, popups are sexy! the ONLY flush conversion i'd ever do, is the soarer front end conversion.

-shaeff

ahhh popups look like two big eyeballs. Id have to admit, not many cars pull these headlights off, but the supra looks not bad with popups.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
and would look even more sleek and sexy with NSX popups. ;)

-shaeff