Notorious M.K.3.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
SuprA70;2031485 said:
I'll take cold winter days over this Smog Nazi state any day of the year.

I have lived in snow and below freezing temperatures. I doubt you will trade ca weather for freedom from smog nazis.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
FernandoDLT;2040064 said:
What are the plans, what suspension are you going with?

Prior to subframe removal, the car had Tein Flex coilovers and ST sway bars. Ronnie bushings and Battle Version arms will be added.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Silver MK3;2040229 said:
Can't wait to see the final product. I love clean new looking suspensions.

I was inspired by the resto guys like you, so Ntorios is joining the resto-upgrade movement

dominic

Apr 28, 2006
SoCal
Read every page 1-64! Awesome car Rodel, it has inspired me to drop a 2J in my 91. How is the straight line traction with your tire setup ? I have 265/35/18 on my rear and wonder if I will have problems with traction. Soon E85 PT6262 AEM Infinity VVTI

Thanks,
Dominic

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Any updates on this Rodel? Been almost a year, I know the forum is definitely slowing down, even I spend much less time on here than my 4Runner forum.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
My mk3 is on hiatus at the moment. Last year, I hired and paid Hvyman, aka Kyle Davis, who happens to be a moderator of Supramania, to perform work on my car. He was unsuccessful.

I drove a perfectly functioning car to Kyle's garage. When i finally realized that he was doing the car harm rather than good, I decided to pull the car from him. It left on a trailer, undriveable.

Much of the work that Kyle performed needs to be undone and redone or fixed. Kyle didn't refund any of the money that I paid him, which was in full.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Damn, harsh. I know the feeling though... 10,000 km on my engine and I have to rebuild. In my case, though, I don't know who to point the finger at.

Been seven years of "live and learn" with my mk3.

Hopefully NTORIOS's problems aren't too severe. If I had known this... I would have popped you a get car well soon card!

:)

This goes to what I try to warn people about. If you don't personally understand your car from bumper to bumper, mods lead to unexpected issues. The "talk" rarely meets the "expectation".

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;2068087 said:
Damn, harsh. I know the feeling though... 10,000 km on my engine and I have to rebuild. In my case, though, I don't know who to point the finger at.

Been seven years of "live and learn" with my mk3.

Hopefully NTORIOS's problems aren't too severe. If I had known this... I would have popped you a get car well soon card!

:)

This goes to what I try to warn people about. If you don't personally understand your car from bumper to bumper, mods lead to unexpected issues. The "talk" rarely meets the "expectation".

The problems that Hvyman created are severe.

You're right about talk not meeting expections. Which was the case with Hvyman. He gave me confidence that he was capable and would be able to make ntorios better, but the opposite was delivered.

Working with Hvyman was a case of live and learn.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Rodel, so sorry to hear that. I assume you have no way to file a "claim" or anything of that type of sorts? I know what it's like to have your car messed up by others who claim to be capable of doing the work, it's an awful feeling to say the least. Best of luck in getting NTORIOS straight again, it's still one of the best if not the best MK3 build in my opinion.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Kristian_Wraae;2068094 said:
Damn, that sucks. I hope you get it running again - it's my favourite Supra.

What was it ? Widebody?

I appreciate the compliment. Hvyman did work related to wiring, brakes, and suspension.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Silver MK3;2068111 said:
Rodel, so sorry to hear that. I assume you have no way to file a "claim" or anything of that type of sorts? I know what it's like to have your car messed up by others who claim to be capable of doing the work, it's an awful feeling to say the least. Best of luck in getting NTORIOS straight again, it's still one of the best if not the best MK3 build in my opinion.

Thanks for your kind words.

I can file a small claims court against him..thats TBD.

There are certainly many awesome builds, including yours that have inspired me. Ntorios will be back up, hopefully better than ever, in a matter of time.

Last edited: