Notorious M.K.3.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Don't get me wrong, the new "whatever Supra" would probably be far better handling and is definitely a sharp looking car. It has none of the Mk3 flaws etc...
I just like driving the mk3... All it's warts and everything.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;2011174 said:
Don't get me wrong, the new "whatever Supra" would probably be far better handling and is definitely a sharp looking car. It has none of the Mk3 flaws etc...

You sure love mk3! Very nice.

Fyi, I plan on making an exterior change to Ntorios for Supras In Vegas.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I may actually make it, too. Jack Transmission is buying a R154 core and building it Stage 3, then shipping it to me to swap for mine. Hoping that happens soon... But it means my car will be down one day instead of two months.
Great company... I complained a little about the rebuild of mine... They replace it, pay for all cross shipping, pay for the R and R.. No "it's your fault" like I get from all the other suppliers...

Really looking forward to seeing your car in person...

And on the new car front... I have had them and just don't enjoy them. Mostly because they are all very comfortable and safe feeling. I'm more if a clunker guy... The only think I don't like about older vehicles is if they are missing shoulder seat belts... Other than that... They have a feel you can't get from a car that's engineered to "drive itself".

It's just more "personal"

Janch

Jul 23, 2012
Riga
thats not a supra. ''new supra'' how they say. i think new supra will have to have the name Supra at the first point and have to look like supra not like steroid overdosed F1 car...

im dissapointed because skyline got its new version and everyone knows that the GTR IS the new skyline.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
rodel;2011146 said:

These are really neat pictures. I like the way both cars have the aero parts around the bottom of the front bumper and the sides. Car looks good as always Rodel!

Grandavi;2011171 said:
Kinda... Sorta... Lol. I would still take notorious if given the choice between the two.

Grandavi;2011174 said:

Grandavi;2011199 said:
And on the new car front... I have had them and just don't enjoy them. Mostly because they are all very comfortable and safe feeling. I'm more if a clunker guy... The only think I don't like about older vehicles is if they are missing shoulder seat belts... Other than that... They have a feel you can't get from a car that's engineered to "drive itself".

It's just more "personal"

I have to agree. I love old cars, there is just something special about them that you don't get with a new car that they guy down the street probably drives as well. Unfortunately most people my age don't feel the same way.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
HKS_TRD;2020909 said:
Rodel do you still run the CF radiator cooling panel, if so any more details on it?

The cf radiator panel I only for aesthetics. It was made by Duane when he ran Carbon Fibre FX

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Doat;2024013 said:
Very sexy but the crooked muffler bugs me lol. Are those NSX headlights?

I asked about them on Instagram. They are Hella 90mm halogen lights.
Not sure if they are the Classic or Premium style lights though, Rodel?

Eventually I want to copy these headlights but the Premium lights are double the price. Still way cheaper then the Xenon or LEDs though.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;2024012 said:
The wins don't come easy... Very well deserved.

I replay like the red headliner/red engine cover effect.

Good job!

Thanks! There were many nice mk3s at the show. Glad you like the red effects.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Doat;2024013 said:
Very sexy but the crooked muffler bugs me lol. Are those NSX headlights?

I appreciate your attention to detail.

Headlights are Hella 90mm modules.

Last edited:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
AbsoluteSpeed;2024036 said:
I asked about them on Instagram. They are Hella 90mm halogen lights.
Not sure if they are the Classic or Premium style lights though, Rodel?

Eventually I want to copy these headlights but the Premium lights are double the price. Still way cheaper then the Xenon or LEDs though.

These are halogen projector lights. The high beam does not have city lights.

Premium or classic? I am unfamiliar with the difference.