Noob from huntsville

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
Hey guys... Im totally new to supras, but my buddy sparked the passion within me. I just recently bought an MK3 out of florida that already had a 1jz swap. Its in need of some work because the tranny is pretty bad, and the head gasket and i thing the rear main seal is leaking too.... I plan to completely rebuild it over the year...

Here is a pic of the car. Its all i got right now.

13086.jpg

Hope to learn alot about the car and engine. You guys seem to know a bunch. Looking forward to talkin with all of you.

See ya round, pbasil

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome Mr. Basil. I live about an hour and a half south of you and I own one of those weak ass'd 1jz as welll. I hope to see you around and you can pm me with any questions you may have. I also have the inside scoop on cheap labor. My neighbors are excellent mechanics if you run into anything you don't feel like tackling. See ya, Jay

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
CryoSlash;907219 said:
This is very ironic for me. I thought he was from Huntsville Ontario, which is the most hick town around here... lol....

You and me both man.

Oh, and the red ones are the fast ones. It's a proven Supra fact.:)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Welcome!!

Owning a 1J comes with a greater responsability for posting pictures.:biglaugh: We all like to see how it was done so please post a few more pictures of the engine bay ect. Looks like you have a great car to start with!!:icon_bigg

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
suprahero;907413 said:
Sorry to break it to you, but Blue > Red all day everyday.............:evil2:

Just as long as you get the speeding ticket..I can't aford another one.

Looks good from the picture. 1jz too.:love: red :love: mmhh wonder why I like it so much.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
And the Bama Supra group grows! Who is your friend, do we know him? If not get him on here as well. We need all the RED we can get in here to counteract the beautiful blue 1J car to the south of you. I would recommend you take Suprahero's advise and PM him with any questions you might have. He is very knowledgeable. You can also PM me with any car or interior questions. The only 1JZ I've ever seen in person is Jay's, so I can't help much there.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You should come down and make me a speaker box to fit under my targa top. I'll be expecting you around noonish............:biglaugh:

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
nice car you got there.. love the color too..:biglaugh:

you could do what suprahero is doing... drop a 2jz block in with the 1jz head.. if the 1j engine is needing a rebuild.....

good luck and give us some more pics....

Jay: dont know how you feel about taking your spare out but antman had a box made to hold a speaker that fit in the spare tire well looks nice....

-Ken

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
suprahero;907581 said:
You should come down and make me a speaker box to fit under my targa top. I'll be expecting you around noonish............:biglaugh:

Jay he'll be by later as he's at my house hooking me up w/killa skills on my sound system.:biglaugh: