Newgen's 2jzgte Swap

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
After header wrap on downpipe
p1798676_1.jpg

p1798676_2.jpg

Painted and wraped the exhaust also. I was having issues with heat in the cabin especially around the passenger side floor pan.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New intercooler piping route.
p1798676_3.jpg

Will be ordering the rest of my piping on Monday also the fittings I will need to start my pcv system.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Thanks everyone if you have any questions please drop me a line. I have a few more updates I will throw some pics up as soon as I can been pretty sick lately.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Thanks man :) Are you ready to roll this summer? I'm going to update this thread later today with some new pics. I need to finish wiring my gm 3 bar map sensor and I can put my intake manifold back on, put my fuel rail and injectors on and bolt down all my intercooler piping. If I get that done I have my braided pcv lines to finish and a tune and will be good to go. Can't wait to see your car!

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
Love your build Newgen. Very inspiriatioinal when I see 2J swaps. Can't wait to do mine when I get home :D

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Thanks Dani! and thanks for protecting our country :) When you get back you'll have to send me your build thread! Also if you have any questions about the swap let me know.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Updates!!!!

When I started and a shoot of my new valve covers:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Map sensor wiring done on my GM 3bar. I was even able to test it and another shot of my valve cover.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New intercooler piping.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After I put my intake manifold back on with new gaskets:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
NewGen;1812120 said:
Updates!!!!

When I started and a shoot of my new valve covers:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Map sensor wiring done on my GM 3bar. I was even able to test it and another shot of my valve cover.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

New intercooler piping.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

After I put my intake manifold back on with new gaskets:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

:love:

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
slowmedown;1812345 said:
dear lord that turbo is massive

Haha thanks everyone. Let me tell ya man. I'm a huge believer in the spool valve the car doesn't have very much lag at all for being that big and having a 1.10a/r exhaust housing. I had a really bad tune on the car last year trying to fight the piggy back I was using and was still coming into boost at 3000rpm full spool around 3500rpm. When I had my master power t70 I wasn't coming into full spool until around 4000rpm.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
How are you going to feed it vacuum?

I contacted Larry at SP and he said, the solenoid can be just ran of a LS output and the wastegate solenoid off the usual PW pin.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I just taped a barbed bung into my intercooler pipe by the turbo and I run my vac source off of that. I don't have the switch most people use. I may try one of those later.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
ifyouaint1sturlast;1812428 said:
Any modifications needed to make that intake manifold fit?

I had to move the ps res, fuse box, different throttle cable, tps sensor adapter... If your going to buy a drift motion one I would plan on having the upper and lower welded together otherwise it doesn't seal with a shit. It's a biatch to get on but it will fit.