sm_photo_missing.jpg

Engine partially assembled

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Converting to rear sump

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Twin Turbo for now :rolleyes:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Intercooler mounted. Its a 12/24/ 3 1/2. Its a max autoworks sapose to have a spearco core though.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

All tucked alway inside the bumper.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Engine in car... WOOT!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

More progress...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Fabbin up cold side intercooler pipe

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Just got it welded along with an HKS BOV flange.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Battery box mounted ready for some cables.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Since then things have changed cars around here have goten faster and I must keep up :). List of new mods
-Engine was just recently rebuild spec
-ACL Race Bearings
-ARP Rod Bolts
-ARP Undercut Head Studs
-Master power T70
-HKS Waste Gate
-Drift motion Down pipe
-4 inch Intake
-3inch Mid pipe
-OBX Exhaust Manifold
-Boost Logic Oil Lines
-Mines ECU
-Volk GTP's :)

Ok so more updates!!
A1000 fuel pump, A1000 fpr, 10 micron filter, 100 micron filter
Drift Motion Fuel Rail, 780CC Siemens injectors

I think that's it for the moment :D

-Matt

Last edited:

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
haha thanks. I'm very lucky, my dads a huge gear head. He has a 1967, 1969, 1970 and a1972 buick gran sports. There all big blocks. He also has a 1987 buick T Type. Thats basicly a regal with a grand national drive train. It has a few boltons. We have one 8 car garage thats the one my cars sitting in. We have another 3 car garage that my dads doing a full frame off restoration on the 1969 buick gran sport. My brother is also a gear head i'm helping him do a 7mgte swap into a 1985 celica supra. Thats alittle of my life history lol.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
thanks guys i put the fan in today along with the serpentine belt and gas tank. Everything under the car is done now except the exaust. I'm going to start my wiring tomarrow. I'll get pics up then

Matt

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
The swap looks really good.. Nice clean work... So how well did those stock twins fit??... Because even on my 1jz the stock twins were right against the firewall so I had to tap it back a little for some clearence..

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
NokaoiMK3;1308173 said:
The swap looks really good.. Nice clean work... So how well did those stock twins fit??... Because even on my 1jz the stock twins were right against the firewall so I had to tap it back a little for some clearence..

Alota pounding :evil2: I hit it in like a half inch and went to set everything in and it didnt fit! So we jerked the engine n trans back out and i'm like tapping on it because I dont wanna hurt my baby. My buddy take big hammer from me and just starts whaling on my fire wall. Needless to say it brought tears to my eyes. :eek3dance: lol. I'll get you some pics of the firewall for all you to see tomarrow

But ya thanks for all the comments! I'll have more updates and pics tomarrow

Matt

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I got the car started up about a week ago. I've been swamped since then so I havnt been able to update my thread. The car will not run correctly. I'm not sure exactly whats going on ether. My dads going to assist me with putting the exaust tomarrow. Then i'm going to boost leak test it again and see where that takes me. Any input would be great

Matt

Last edited:

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Alright apparently the 550cc injectors I bought off supra forums were pluged up and had bad o rings. I took them out of the rail and took the good seals off my JDM injectors I had lieing around. I put them back in and it fired right up and ran rich as hell (Didnt have anything to tune it with and the ECU is maped for 440cc). I was very please and I will be tuning it on a SAFC II at stock boost untill my emanage wiring gets here so I can hook it up :)

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I bought my turbo last weekend. I ended up going with a master power t70 with a .68 a/r. Mostly because it was in my price range at the moment and I'd really like to get the car running
sm_photo_missing.jpg