Newgen's 2jzgte Swap

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1418449 said:
When are you expecting this to be done? See a dyno day in the near future?:naughty:

shit probley 2 or 3 months. I wouldnt mind dynoing her on an 8 psi spring to see what it'll put down. I'm gona wait to turn up the boost untill spring haha.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Just picked up a 40mm hks wastegate yesterday for $70 cant believe the deal I got on it :) . My BL oil lines should be here by the weekekend. Working on replacing the front main seal tomorrow and oil pan gasket. Hoping to have the turbo kit installed by the weekend and the engine close to setting into the car. Will keep updating you guys.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Just thought i'd give everyone an update. The engine should be going back in this weekend without the wiring harness ( I still need to wire in my emanage ultimate and a couple other misc things.) I will get pics up as soon as its put in.

Things left to buy:
-Downpipe
-Air Filter
-2jz Fuel Injector Resistor
-Map Sensor Attachment for emanage

I'm going to get it running on the stock fuel system before I begin upgrading fuel systems. Thats phase II :naughty:

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Heres just some updates.

I should have some more this next weekend.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Reiketsukan;1480720 said:
Damn, Matt! I must have missed it when that Zex bottle found it's way to your hatch! When do you think she'll be on the road?

haha ya i'm running at least a n2o sprayer to help cool the intake temps. I'll probley end up running a 100 shot. Do you like the way its mounted?

Its just an ebay manifold I got for free and its a Masterpower T70 I picked up for really cheap. It had been idled on twice and the guy sold it to me for $400.

I'm probley gona wait untill the first rain fall after all the snow melts

bis_1315m

Dec 14, 2006
charlotte north carolina
Hey just wondering but did you freshen up the motor at all or is the 2jzgte really that great of a motor just wondering because I'm thinking of goin this route and looking to get about 550-650 whp

So I can just buy a jdm 2jzgte and throw a single turbo on with supporting mods and be good motor wise

No rod knock, no bhg, no worn out piston rings
Thanks

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I didnt freshen mine up at all. I did a compresssion check on mine once it was in the car and everything looked fine when I removed the oil pan. I like taking risks though lol.

agm

Jul 1, 2009
Nanaimo, BC
dont mind me i just skimmed this whole thread for pictures.

white supras ftw.

looks good matt. subscribing for more pictures

-adam

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
NewGen;1493645 said:
I didnt freshen mine up at all. I did a compresssion check on mine once it was in the car and everything looked fine when I removed the oil pan. I like taking risks though lol.

Lets get some updates on how that risk taking went.

Last edited:

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1539478 said:
Lets get some updates on how that risk taking went.

Your right I should of replaced the head gasket and oil pump when I got the engine. The engine itself was fine until though 2 went out. Don't bring negative attitudes into my build thread I don't appreciate it.

Thanks Agm I'll post some pics up tonight just for you :).

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
The whole build thread or just the engine rebuild? I have alot in the build as a hole and that first page hasn't been updated since nam lol. I'm bored so I will go ahead and make some adjustments here quick