New World Record

mark1987supra

work in progress
May 26, 2008
Des Moines
Well a buddy of Newgen and mine came into Des Moines, IA yesterday to dyno his Evo X. So hear id the result of his trip.

[video=youtube;C_hqVkix6Xo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_hqVkix6Xo[/video]

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Nice little home, truck, Porsche SUV to pull his record breaking EVO, race trailer on the side all at the age of 24!? Some people have it all. I'm really hatin now. Pop must be very proud of his son.

Just found out that he also has a 2012 Cayman as a road course car. Excuse me while I take myself out back and punch my nuts really hard. Dammit, if I new then what I know now. I should have applied myself a lot more to something meaningful when I was young.

Last edited:

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
I bet it was good seeing him again, he probably had you gagging all night...

The video is a classic, i'll show it to my kid's and share a laugh when the time comes. All the while, your the one posting a trash "DSM" video on a die-hard Toyota forum.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
TheNewRed;1917047 said:
I bet it was good seeing him again, he probably had you gagging all night...

The video is a classic, i'll show it to my kid's and share a laugh when the time comes. All the while, your the one posting a trash "DSM" video on a die-hard Toyota forum.

Lmao mad bro? Do you even lift?

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
And this is what's wrong with the car world. People can't respect other peoples cars. That Evo is fast as shit and everyone here knows it. 100 bucks says it will wipe the floor with 95% of the cars on this forum. Its COOL.

I don't care if it's a Honda, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Diesel, Gas, fuck, even electric. If somebody put their time and money into it I respect it. Unless it's just stupid. Like most Hondas. Ain't nobody got time for that.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Backlash2032;1917555 said:
And this is what's wrong with the car world. People can't respect other peoples cars. That Evo is fast as shit and everyone here knows it. 100 bucks says it will wipe the floor with 95% of the cars on this forum. Its COOL.

I don't care if it's a Honda, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Diesel, Gas, fuck, even electric. If somebody put their time and money into it I respect it. Unless it's just stupid. Like most Hondas. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Thank you some intelligence has arrived!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Backlash2032;1917555 said:

I feel the same way. Unfortunately a lot of guys here don't feel the same.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
S.A. supra;1917707 said:
Were can one find the record book?
It's held in a top secret location...

In my opinion this video depicts EXACTLY what's wrong with the car world. Post #3 comin in hot. But good for your buddy, and the DSM crowd.

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Why is this a record? I mean, stock internals? Over all top HP? Which is it?

Evo X's are nice. I drove one of these and they are very nice stock. I loved the Recaro seats in them.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
87supramario;1917927 said:
Why is this a record? I mean, stock internals? Over all top HP? Which is it?

Evo X's are nice. I drove one of these and they are very nice stock. I loved the Recaro seats in them.

Highest horse evo x at the moment.
I am not into EVOs but this one is pretty cool cause its quick as shit. Also has a lot of time and money invested into it and the guy is a local from Omaha.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'll add a couple comments of my own:

-The Evo X, when it first came out... I didn't like it. The switch to something other than the 4g63 engine, the offering of an automatic, even the styling irked me compared to Evos of eras past (looking at you, Evo VI), BUT... they've aged quite nicely.

-Also, for as much power as that thing puts out, I almost expect it to be a faster street car. It's damned quick, don't get me wrong, but I would have figured it would be faster overall. Powerband seems decent enough though, and I'm in no position to criticize. :)

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Obviously hes a douchebag driver because he drives an EVO. And that thing is obviously going to blow up because it's a god awful 4B11T, that obviously can't handle that much power. That's what's not to like.

On another note, because I tend to stereotype as little as possible, I really hope to see this thing at the Omaha Speed Shop on April 6th...