New turbo, I was owned by Fedex

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
s383mmber1 said:
Yup, DEFFINATLY bent. i work for UPS and packages are just thrown around!

UPS > Fed Ex

If ya shipped it UPS i could help ya out with the claim!

HA!

They are all scheisters! Im dealing with a fradulent claim from the UPS CLAIM DEPT THEMSELVES!

BTW that turbine is fubar as there is no way of straightening inconel as its too brittle.

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
lol s383mmber1 i work for UPS too.. most of our sorters, including me sometimes, just toss the hell out of boxes. and trust me if it says "do not drop" "do not bend" "fragile" or anything else it either A) DOESNT MATTER or B) MAKES US MORE LIKELY TO THROW IT..

especially if we are in a bad mood over some t-stands or rollers that are busted.. or a drop frame that has bad rollers... or some jackass ships a box with something heavy that flops around in a box and no proper packing to stabilize it when we pick it up over our heads and the weight shifts and makes us hits ourselves in the face.. or the best candidates to throw are the ones with FEDEX labels on them that we get at UPS.. LOL

sorry i just had to add my two cents.. it's quite a circus.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
^^ hell yea,
and make sure they pay for the laptop screen they broke.
anyone ever seen a box thats supposed to be straight, that was bent like an L.
UPS FTW. srry but nothing has ever been so dmged by fed ex, UPS has always come through for me.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
it sounds like it was properly packaged, but thats just wrong man. I know better than to put anything on my boxes that hint that its fragile or expensive or anything like that.

and if I want it to arrive safely for sure, I double box.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Not if it was shipped with no turbine housing it wasn't.

Should have been in a wooden box in that case.

Last few MHG's I've had sent from the US have been packed in Wood as an antirockape measure! ;)

NeoJester

Banned
May 2, 2005
Emo
i work at fedex and i will atest to poor treatment of packages, HOWEVER its not cause of the employees. The entire fedex system is automated, a package is taken from the delivery/pickup truck and then placed on an automated convayor system and is NOT touched till the person takes it off there shoot and places it on the trailer. the automated system isnt perfect and beats on packages, also an electric arm pushes a package down a shoot and it rolls down, then the arm wacks a 95lb package down the same shoot and cause of the weight it rockets down the shoot and into your package, also things get stuck and wedged in the conveyor system all the time and need to be helped along. so just dont get mad at us package handlers cause like me and the other package handlers we try to not beat on your shit. sorry to hear about the turbo and the crappy service in the claims section hope it works out.