New Turbo-A in CA

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Turbo-@;2012196 said:
Ooooo yeah the sound of desoldering and soldering just makes me cringe! I wouldn't be up for that just in case something went wrong I would be SOL. That sh*t sounds scary!!

I've not lost one so far and I've done many. It does take some special tools, and this is ancient 25 year old technology which helps. Still, I don't want to be on the hook if something goes south unexpectedly.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
3p141592654;2012203 said:
Are you 100% sure? I know someone who has one of those.

Is there a wiring diagram around for the Turbo-A? Would need to know how the MAP sensor is hooked up.

And yes im sure that is the P/N given by Toyota for that Model code.
If there is I havent seen it. Ill look for one but If I do find one, it will be in Japanese. I can help translate as much as I can but my Japanese isnt 100% fluent

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
Yeah definitely try and keep it as stock and original as possible just cuz it's an "A." Small mods like rims, big brake kit, coilovers. I got some rims yesterday (some BBS knockoffs) but I dont like the way they look? Something is off? Either the tire is too big for the car or the car is sitting too high? Either way it looks like shit now.
Tgood;2012267 said:
Nice looking car. You planning to keep it stock??

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Welcome, howz CAG 5 doing these days? RHD would not be fun as a daily driver I would think but the car really looks sweet.

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
Actually it doesn't bother me as a daily. I got used to RHD in Japan so I'm more comfortable with it then regular LHD cars now.
f00g00;2012705 said:
Welcome, howz CAG 5 doing these days? RHD would not be fun as a daily driver I would think but the car really looks sweet.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Late post I know, but WOW this car is amazing. When I first got Gran Turismo 5 this was the first car I bought when I reached $40k lol. Sometimes I would play the game just to stare at the car and take pictures. It's amazing that you have such a rare piece of history, only 500 made.

I always daydreamed about owning one of these, I'd probably make it as stock as possible. Wonder what happened to the side Turbo-A decals and gun metal sawblades.

What exhaust is on the car? Do you plan to make a build thread? Please keep us updated. Do you have Facebook? Yes I'm a Supra stalker lol.

Well welcome to Supramania!

Turbo-@

Jun 15, 2014
Moreno Valley, CA
Don't know what happened to the original saw blades but I have one saw blade (the spare tire)! I'm always stalking the internet looking for a set... But that's gonna be hard to find. The door stickers I have and I'm waiting to respray the car to put them on. I am going to keep it as stock as possible (except for a blow off valve because that sound gives me a chub). Well stock except for some coilovers to lower it a bit, big brake kit and some nice rims (really want the gunmetal te37). The exhaust is the Driftmotion exhaust I just threw on there in the meantime because the old one was rusted through. They have a HKS dual pipe one that looks like the stock exhaust and Im gonna throw that on next.

Don't know if I'll do a build thread because it will be a very slow build thread but I will post up pics of it when I reach some critical milestones in it's restoration :)

Supra28;2013808 said:
Late post I know, but WOW this car is amazing. When I first got Gran Turismo 5 this was the first car I bought when I reached $40k lol. Sometimes I would play the game just to stare at the car and take pictures. It's amazing that you have such a rare piece of history, only 500 made.

I always daydreamed about owning one of these, I'd probably make it as stock as possible. Wonder what happened to the side Turbo-A decals and gun metal sawblades.

What exhaust is on the car? Do you plan to make a build thread? Please keep us updated. Do you have Facebook? Yes I'm a Supra stalker lol.

Well welcome to Supramania!