new to the MA70 world

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
so,i sold my AE86 for an MA70 to start a new project. sofar, i love my new to me supra and cant wait to get started on it. its a whole different world from what i'm used to but i'm glad to be here. as for my first post, what would you do first to a completely stock MKIII?

...i'm edi, nice to meet all of you.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
How is the condition of the car? Might want to set some money aside for a repair fund?

Other than that i'm a slow n/a guy so I cant help with fast stuff!

Welcome to the FUN side

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
yeah, definitely set some cash aside... you'll find out why in due time. what year is it? turbo? 5-speed? targa? color? interior? we need details man!

besides that, welcome! the first thing you need to do is properly machine the block and head for a metal head gasket. while your at it, you might as well break the bank and build her up. ;)

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
i got the supra in realy good condition. its a white 89' targa turbo. all i've done was replace the crapy sterio that the previous owner had with an Alpine unit, installed an HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer and threw on an old set of Konig Monsoon rims i had laying around in the garage. theres so many things i want to do to it. but mostly i want to build it to handle and (this may sound stupid) drift. i want it to do more than just go straight realy fast. thats boring to me.

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
heres some pictures. its not much but here you go.

normal_MKIII%20Supra%20%282%29.JPG

normal_DSC03436.JPG

what do you guys think?

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Outside is really nice! Inside is so so but hey. its almost 20 years old. Never was a fan of the blue interior either but hey, Yours is my dream car heh. How many miles are on the clock?

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
its got only 130K on the odo. the past owner just recently had the engine rebuilt and gave me all the reciepts to prove it. a nice fatty folder of em'. its runs pretty strong but on stock boost (whatever that is). theres a few things wrong with it. i have to fill the clutch reservoir every few weeks and at worm it idles at about 1100RPM. that realy drive me nuts. and, the picture of the interior doesnt serve any justice, its realy not that bad... for an 89'.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
nice car, congratulations....

i would just make it run perfectly... replace every single thing that looks even 1/2 worn-out... as for mods, what is your budget? that's the key thing really.... if it's not too much just worry about maintenence for now, exhaust, intake, that's it....... if you have more then a couple grand to play with, well.... its too much to write here, just keep reading the topics of this website!

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Welcome...you at Kirkland?

I know a guy by the name of Mike in ABQ that had a white '89 that looked an awful lot like yours...did ya happen to buy it from him?

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Welcome... get ready for bhg and rod knock (don't worry, you'll be a pro at fixing them after a few times)..... :bigthumb:

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
bigal0043 said:
on that high idle it probally is vacumm related
oh and look at the oil cap if it looks like supradreampdr's username pic you got problems
LOL! yeah, you dont want your oil cap to look like mine!! that equals a BHG (Blown Head Gasket!!) :biglaugh:

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
jdub said:
Welcome...you at Kirkland?

I know a guy by the name of Mike in ABQ that had a white '89 that looked an awful lot like yours...did ya happen to buy it from him?

yeah, i'm stationed at Kirtland AFB. i just PCSed out here from Travis AFB, Ca in December 05'. i bought the MA70 from a good friend of mine, Terry.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
edi said:
yeah, i'm stationed at Kirtland AFB. i just PCSed out here from Travis AFB, Ca in December 05'. i bought the MA70 from a good friend of mine, Terry.
Travis AFB? in Fairfield? 707? Dooood If so then damn! why didnt you get it a bit earlier! Im in vacaville! We could have hung! Anyway, were you on cowtown? if so whats your username?

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Travis AFB eh? Did you buy that car in fairfield? I work at SCC and we had one that looked just like that in the parking lot for awhile. Had the Airforce tag in the window and all (rims mighta been different).