New time 11.81 @ 117 CT26 powered 7M NEW RECORD!!!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Update! got the head done today and putting everything back together! Should have it fired up tomorrow night.

As of now.

p1761258_1.jpg

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Saw the thread today and just read all 11 pages. I was 50/50 on whether or not you'd break the CT record, and damn you made it seem so easy lol. And honestly, I'd never thought a CT record (with boost only) would be broken with the A340E! If ride of the month still existed, I'd be damned if your car weren't nominated.

Looks like this thread; http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?41973-***SM-member-1-4-mi.-times-list*** needs to be updated! Congrats dude!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Well I got it all back together and running, ran great and made good power! I fucked up hard core because I was rushing and forgot to tighten the CPS bolt after I set the timing. Ended up running for 3 days, CPS advanced it self as much as it could go and melted the no 2 piston. Everything is out and pulled down to a bare block again so I can hone the cyl and throw new pistons in. One small mistake cost me shit loads of labor. Oh well what is done is done.

On to the next one!

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Sad to hear that Bro. Get Some rest if you can.
Just wait for the retorque on the MLS headgasket before you go hard next time.
Preignition sucks + issues are a part of this Game.
Being Fast is worth it. (LOL), Some How...

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Devin LeBlanc;1763826 said:
No need to retorque on a MHG with ARP's as long as the head is not annealed and ultra lube is used.

This is not good advice here, it is always good practice to do a retorque. For more than a few different reasons. Metal HG or not.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I have never had an issue with head studs loosening up, built many kinds of motors and several 7M's with out ever doing a re torque.

Anyways, Machine shop tomorrow to do a hone and deck a new head, lap valves, valve lash and then put it all back together tuesday. This time Ill make sure I tighten the CPS bolt......

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I never had an issue with metal HG (HKS stopper type) until it was not retorqued. It's more the gasket settling in and squishing out than the bolts loosening that creates this issue. A retorque IS recommended and certainly will do no harm. But most certainly will do some good. Do the retorque, and performance shop that knows these engines will agree, it's just good practice.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
We have a 5000sq ft shop dedicated to performance and High HP turbo cars. On a composite head gasket I would recommend a re torque as the gasket will compress and alter after a few heat cycles. Only time I have seen studs loosen with a metal head gasket is if the head was overheated and the aluminum is annealed causing the head to compress when it heats up.

Either way you can do it for good measures, but on my motor I see no need to!

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I use a paint pen to mark bolts that i have torqued. Pretty much ever nut or bolt had some kind of coating. Either oil, Arp lube, Locktite, or antisieze.

Of all the performance shops or race teams i have seen the only time head bolts get touched again is to rebuild the engine or reseal the head.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Didnt mean to have this Retorque Suggestion take over your thread Devin. It belongs in another Spot. Who will look at it there ? LOL

Anyway Good Luck with this Rebuild...7MFTW

Headgasket is the least of your problems. I Love what you doing with that little CT26.

:icon_bigg

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I agree, not the place but since the man here has such an awsome and well read thread due to the stunning numbers I thought I'd add it in. As I said I blew my HKS metal stopper type hg. But others milage may vary. I was pushing 28psi through it at the time I seem to remember.....or was it more. LOL

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Well got the head machined today and all put together tonight. Had to take .008 thou off the head to get the grooving out of it, then another .002 to get a corroded spot off in the back where the coolant jacket is. Took a total of .010 thou off. Lapped all the valves, checked guides, installed cams, checked valve lash. Intake set to .006, exhaust set to .008. Filled each port up with alcohol and made sure all valves were sealed against the seat.

Everything checked out good, should be throwing the bottom end and everything thing else on tomorrow night. Then dropping it in wednesday!

p1764536_1.jpg