New time 11.81 @ 117 CT26 powered 7M NEW RECORD!!!

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
This Friday will be running as long as I get my new driveshaft by then. Have 11.5 inch wide M/T Bias ply slicks to put on. Got to mount those to my spare set of rims too.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
te72;1752675 said:
Hmm, what has more to cause that effect though, the lower tire pressure, or the heating of the tires? Just curious, I don't get to play at tracks very often. :(

I've run every combo,

No burnout normal pressure 13.8ish, burnout normal pressure (improved my trap/time over no burnout but a fair amount each time 13.5ish)

No burnout low pressure (20-25psi tire pressure) 13.2ish, Burnout low pressure 12.89-12.92...not ish, LOL.

I would make note that my best optimal combo was burnout with 22psi. I run goodyear EVO-2 285's rear.

Best tires I have ever had on this car in all 22 years that I have owned it. Great wear...which is something I never thought I could say about a set of rear tires on my car. I even feel okish in rain with them. Of course they are not made anymore, which sucks.

Unfortunately my camber is not set good for dragging making my contact patch very inner tire biased. This is unfortunately out of my hands currently due to seized up camber bolts, and aging sagged H&R's and worn bilstien's. Which are aggravating the camber and contact issue. I have to get around to dropping my subframe and cutting the old camber bolts out and putting my new ones I already have in.

Damn camber bolts are so annoying. My car has never seen harsh weather and rarely even rain and they were also pulled once years ago for bushing upgrades. And yet I spent 4 hours in total frustration with a torch heating a sledge hammer, an air hammer and every prybar I own on just one of them and got nowhere at all. I figure my only hope is to drop the subframe and work on them out of the car carefully cutting the old ones out so as not to damage my subframe. Unless someone wants to give me a "magic" solution to this issue? Please please?

I figure there isn't alot of point in putting the new camber bolts in until I have new struts and springs anyways though since I will just have to get another alignment as soon as they went in again. No point in doing that twice.

What rim size are you mounting those slicks on out of curiosity?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Flateric;1753266 said:
Best tires I have ever had on this car in all 22 years that I have owned it. Great wear...which is something I never thought I could say about a set of rear tires on my car. I even feel okish in rain with them. Of course they are not made anymore, which sucks.
You should check out the Goodyear GS-D3's. I bought a set for the Miata, in a 205/40/17, and could NEVER get those things to let go. I imagine on a proper-for-the-weight size for the Supra, you'd see similar results. Plus, they're awesome in the wet. Unfortunately, they're kinda pricey. Almost 2x what I paid for some very sticky NT05's from Nitto, although the Nittos are only alright in rain.

Devin LeBlanc;1753318 said:
We'll see. 11's should be easy, were going for deeper than that!

You sir, would be a freaking legend if you could get into the 10's on a CT... Going to be spraying? Hmm... now that I think about it, nitrous, water methanol, intercooler spraying... I can see it. :)

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
A CT26 will never flow enough CFM to go 10's . Spray or not. (FORGETABOUTIT) .:3d_frown:

Devin put it in the 11's like you know you can. We all are rooting for you...Good Luck .

te72;1753533 said:
You should check out the Goodyear GS-D3's. I bought a set for the Miata, in a 205/40/17, and could NEVER get those things to let go. I imagine on a proper-for-the-weight size for the Supra, you'd see similar results. Plus, they're awesome in the wet. Unfortunately, they're kinda pricey. Almost 2x what I paid for some very sticky NT05's from Nitto, although the Nittos are only alright in rain.

You sir, would be a freaking legend if you could get into the 10's on a CT... Going to be spraying? Hmm... now that I think about it, nitrous, water methanol, intercooler spraying... I can see it. :)

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
^Who said he had to use just ONE CT? ;) :D

DO IT.

Actually, then you probably wouldn't be able to spool them quick enough and you'd go slower than with just one... Lot of power to be made in that head still, right?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
So 450HP and 450TQ @ the wheels on boost only, then throw a 100 shot on top? With slicks, driver mod, fully gutted car, built auto, high compression motor, built head. It could go 10's no problem.

Gotta realize Ill be cutting 1.5 60ft's

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Devin LeBlanc;1753688 said:
So 450HP and 450TQ @ the wheels on boost only, then throw a 100 shot on top? With slicks, driver mod, fully gutted car, built auto, high compression motor, built head. It could go 10's no problem.

Gotta realize Ill be cutting 1.5 60ft's

Strip the interior? Aww man... that's too bad. Just leave it in a condition you can get back to having a daily if you want. Gutted cars are so annoying to drive day to day. Just take a really big crap and get a jockey to drive it for you. Hell, I think my being ~120lbs is half the reason I've won some of the runs I've had. :)

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Just finishing some stuff up getting it ready for the track this friday. Got the slicks mounted on a spare set of rims I had. Also went by and weighed the supra at a scale. Its lighter than I thought.

1988 Supra Auto Targa top base model (non ABS, non TEMS)
Full interior, no spare tire
1/2 tank of E85

Working A/C and power steering
Big Intercooler and trans cooler

3480 lbs

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You CAN keep the interior AND drop major poundage off these cars much more easily than most people would ever realize. You gotta be smart about it AND not be stupid and completely drop important keep you alive things like say the steel parts of the bumpers. Be smart replace em with SS tubing for example. Stronger yet not near as heavy.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
:slap:
Devin dont strip it . Its a SUPRA, and a top of the line TOYOTA Sports Car.
If 10's is that important, Go 2JZ with a nice TURBO.
Your gonna have 11's in the BAG... Best Wishes Man.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
You'll drop more than 200 pounds with the few things you listed right there man.

Stock seats are heavy heavy heavy, although if I rememnber correctly they were rated some of the safest seats in on the market at the time they came out. Crashbar? Do you mean front bumper? Don't do it man, just upgrade it with something lighter and stronger. Not worth doing away with things like that though. You hate to imagine it happening ever but if it does, it'll be nice to walk away from a car and live to be sad about it.

There's a few stupid people I know who have dumped their bumpers from under the bumper skin and even one that has gone as far as removing the heavy crossbrace in the doors of his car (none supra but not the point). He's dead meat if he gets tboned, All just for a little weight loss, idiot. My opinion anyways.

Interesting weight story though. I was at RCTS here in town, Reg Reimers shop. Great guy and amazing shop by the way.

They had some BMW on the dyno doing a baseline and part testing and switch nothing but the rear wheels out for some light weight ones and saw a 45hp increase. Everyone was kind of surprised so just to be sure they switched the wheels back again and lost the 45. Back to lightweight and gained it back. I never would have guessed just wheel weight would be such a big change myself.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
If I start removing weight to that extent thats when I will cross the car over from a street car to a full track car. If so it will be preped like our formula drift car. fully stripped of all extra sheet metal, door skin only, all plexi glas, ect. With a full 6 point cage with nascar bars.

Our FD S14 weighs 2640lbs with driver, LS3, and a half tank of gas.