New owner 2JZ MK3 in Georgia

afterfire6942

Jul 8, 2010
Dallas, Georgia, United States
New to the Supra scene, but not the car scene. Previously owned a 91 Mr2 and a 2004 Wrx. I just scored a great deal on a 90 Supra 43k original miles with a 2jz t67 single turbo after a ton of research.

p1609614_1.jpg

p1609614_2.jpg

p1609614_3.jpg

afterfire6942

Jul 8, 2010
Thanks for the welcome! That catch can just has a sticker on it. Its actually off now along with the rest of stickers all that were all over the car when I got it. It has a ways to go, but I'm very happy so far with the starting point.

afterfire6942

Jul 8, 2010
Keros;1612192 said:
Is that a hardtop?
Nope...targa

GrimJack;1612225 said:
Gee, that looks awfully familiar... stock radiator in Georgia? That's gonna leave a mark...
Stock radiator is doin just fine actually and its the hottest summer ever it seems. Stays plenty cool, but its on the list of things to do. I just got it gimmie a break, lots of money to spend very little money in the bank.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Don't worry, I'm not trying to hassle you, just pointing out what looks to be the weakest link so you know where to start.

Are you still running the mechanical fan? That will give you a lot of headroom, the mechanical fan seems to pull a lot more air than anything else out there.

What are you using for a temp gauge? The stock one is weak sauce - it won't tell you anything until it's too late to save it. I've got a Greddy temp gauge in mine, and it wanders around all the time while the stock one basically never moves.

Overall though, you've got basically the same setup as I do: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?117194-The-Mistress - and I've got nothing but praise for how well this setup drives!

afterfire6942

Jul 8, 2010
I know you weren't messing with me, I didn't mean to come off as defensive. More importantly though, you car is perfect! Its how I pictured mine when I bought it except black. It'll get there. It has aftermarket fans on the stock radiator, but the only gauges are Air/Fuel and boost. I'll be ordering a radiator and a host of gauges as soon as I get my suspension. Whatevers on there is BS...I can't even pull into my garage without dragging the exhaust and a minor frame scrape. I like low but thats ridiculous!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Welcome to Supramania. Only a state away. If you hear of any supra meets, let me know and I'll do the same for you. Oh yeah, Roll Tide..........lol