Ok, it's time to let this lady out into public again. The thread title comes from how my jealous wife refers to the Supra, in case you were wondering.
The story: A friend of mine, Jeremy (or Turbo Drifter here) from the club originally owned this car. He, and a few of his friends, are responsible for most of the work done to get it to this point. Special thanks go out to Randy, Bill, and Tommy. I've seen this car develop over the years, and expressed my congrats on a job well done on several occasions.
Mid 2009, Jeremy calls me and asks if I want to buy the car. I'm stunned - I can't imagine anyone giving up a car they've put this much blood, sweat, and tears into - especially given that you'll never recoup more than a small fraction of the costs/effort you've put into it. I talk to him for a couple hours, with the objective of convincing him to keep it. By the end of the conversation, its sounding as if he's coming around to my point of view.
Fast forward several months.
Beginning of Dec, 2009, Jeremy calls me back and says it has to go. I talk to him for a while about it and this time I can tell he's serious. So, I get off the phone with him and call my bank, have them cut him a bank draft. Within a week I've arranged to get the car transferred to my name, pick it up and drive it home, where it sits for a month while I'm on vacation in Mexico... thinking of the new car at home! Shortly after that, I transfer my plates to this car and park the old 7M car. Since then, I've been driving this car daily.
So now you know how I got it. I've been trying to figure out everything that's been done to it so far, and by now, after datamining Jeremy's post history, talking to him in person, and talking to others who have worked on the car, I think I have it down pretty close. This is just the baseline, I have significant plans for where the car will go from here.
The car is pushing 568rwhp on pump gas with water / meth injection daily. I've never done a race gas tune. It's run 11.63 @ 123 mph on the strip with slicks. There was room for improvement on that run, too, but any faster than that and I'll get kicked off because there is no cage - not even a roll bar.
- CP pistons, +20
- HKS 264 cams
- LS1 coils
- Clevite 77 rod and main bearings
- ARP rod, main and head studs
- Crower valve springs and Ti retainers
- New valve guides
- Head ported and flowed
- Greddy cam gears, pulleys, and timing belt
- Koyo radiator
- No antilock brakes
- No cruise control
- No A/C
- Siemenz 880cc injectors
- AEM water/meth injection
- MkIV Denso feeding Bosche 044 fuel pump
- 2 litre surge tank
- T67 P trim dual ball bearing .68a/r
- TIAL 44mm wastegate
- 3" intercooler
- 3" stainless IC piping
- TIAL 50mm bov
- 4 inch downpipe, splits into 2 3 inch pipes for ground clearance, food grade stainless
- RPS Max 6 puck clutch
- Cusco rear differential, 373 gears
- R154, Cusco gearset
- Steel one-piece driveshaft
- A-1 racing rear control arms
- AP Racing brakes
- Bilstein shocks sleeved as coilovers
- 17" Racing Hart Rev wheels
- Dulop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 245/45R17 front 265/40R17 rear tires
- Vipec V88 standalone
- 100% custom engine harness
- Greddy gauges in center console
- Optima yellowtop relocated to hatch
- Moroso composite battery box
- Bodywork was done by Randy at BIC. Car was stripped, any rust fixed, (there wasn't much to start with), pulled the wing, wiper, and antenna, and stretched and rolled the fenders front and rear
- All seals replaced, no leaks at all
- Turbo A duct
- Toyota 8P4 blue paint (from any 2000+ toyota)
- Half clear half amber front turn signals
- Shine Auto front lip
- Front grill bars removed and edges remolded
- Recaro SRII seats
Now, I know what you are all thinking... this thread is worthless without pics. I think I've got that covered.