New nissan GTR... pics and info

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
black87turbo;1102425 said:
If they don't want them using it....why the hell would they put it in the car?

Nowhere in the official literature does Nissan talk about launch control,the feature "doesn't" :sarcasm: exist. There are black box recorders that watch EVERYTHING you do in the car. The second you get halfway to using this feature you have voided your warranty. Technicians are not able to read these boxes, they have to be shipped back to Nissan for their engineers to decode.

If you are wondering how I know this, a friend of mine finished his GTR training not too long ago.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Wtf, that's bullshit. Seriously, until I see that in writing in person on a wall at a Nissan dealership or the company President announces it on CNN or something, that's a load of shit.

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
In order to use the launch control you have to first turn off the VDC system. It states very clearly in the owners manual to not turn this system off.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
MkIII_Jeff;1103160 said:
In order to use the launch control you have to first turn off the VDC system. It states very clearly in the owners manual to not turn this system off.

ooooookay....so why again did they put it in the car if the driver is not to use it? :wtf:

MkIII_Jeff

squirelly wrath!
Mar 2, 2008
Roseville, CA
IJ.;1103425 said:
My guess is it's an undocumented "feature" that was found to break things so the kept it quiet.

Bingo. I also think Nissan did it so they could get some great times to show the car "competes" like they claimed it would, when in reality it won't. :nono:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Sounds like the crap ferrari was doing with their paddle shifting gearboxes.

The factory test drivers know a way to make the tranny faster and more aggressive, allowing them to put down better times, but they wouldn't disclose the info...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Meh, all those gizmos take the fun out of actually driving the car. I'll pass.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
jugodegolf;1095645 said:
Nice. Hope Toyota has a reply.

well lets think of this logically.

#2 car company in the WORLD ready to take the #1 spot with the drab/boring line up they have.

So WHY exactly would they want to bring in another "sports" car when there plain ole corollas, camary's, avalons and the lexus lines have taken them to the top? As a matter of fact, with the current line up, they WILL take the #1 spot. Sports car at this point for toyota is nothing more than another racing program but HIGHLY detuned (Consider that they are in NASCAR, NHRA, F1, IRL/CART).

As for the GT-R. Looks like G35 with a kit.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Like I've said for a while, it looks like an eclipse...

Here's one of the prototypes that makes to really obvious
Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Ralliart-Concept.jpg

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
LilMissMkIII;1095651 said:
Toyota won't.

Lexus will.

well lexus kind of did with the IS F .... but ive seen the 09 GTR on the track for the One Lap Of America event ... there quick but one thing i noticed is it needs a better sounding exhuast... its very very quiet....but thats just me, some people im sure like that better.. but im not sure how the lexus IS F in a heads up compares the the GTR... i know that the 08 M3 is deffenitly a better car then the IS F....