New nissan GTR... pics and info

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Performance wise the car is a monster. I am not a huge fan of the front end but overall Nissan did a great job building this machine. So far I have seen a Silver one and a Red one where I live.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
GrimJack;1097422 said:
You neglected to mention the 'launch mode'. Press a button, put it in gear, press the gas all the way to the floor and let off the brake. Voila! Computer controlled perfect launches every time.

i didnt know about that feature... great for the tracks... the guy that i talked to said that its almost usless to have a manual trans in it since the auto shifts gears in .02 sec yeah thats .02. but personally i would have fun with the paddel shifters myself.:evil2:

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
RedEj8;1096075 said:
My local dealership is getting 2 of them for now.. one is already sold for $120k

My friend works there and said they have to get something like $200k worth of equipment just to sell the GTR's. The equipment is just an alignment rack, and nitrogen setup for the tires and maybe a diagnostic system i believe is what he told me.
Large part of that is they need to send two technicians over to Japan for training. At least that's what the dealer rep I talked to said, don't know how much truth there is to that though.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
x10secondzx2;1097428 said:
Is the car worth the money?? It used to be that the best car for the money was the corvette. Price/performance hands down went to the vette over any car in the world. Now you have to compare to the GTR.
That might have been true if you were purchasing the 'vette in the USA. And it certainly hasn't been true since the Ariel Atom was released, that thing will kick the piss out of a 'vette any day of the week for a fraction of the cost no matter where you're buying it.

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
GrimJack;1097901 said:
That might have been true if you were purchasing the 'vette in the USA. And it certainly hasn't been true since the Ariel Atom was released, that thing will kick the piss out of a 'vette any day of the week for a fraction of the cost no matter where you're buying it.

This is true....but if you do mention a car like the Atom then you have to mention cars like the Radical SR3/SR4, and various Caterham's. These cars run circles around any and everything out there and they are cheap. They are more of a track day car(even though they are street legal) than a street car like a Corvette, Skyline, or even F-430. But either way you are correct.

annoyingrob;1097973 said:
The car that broke Jeremy Clarkson ;)

didn't they say the Gran Turismo guys did the graphics on the display?

Yes they did. If it wasn't for Gran Turismo nobody(in america) would know what a skyline is and there would be no GTR today. Nissan has admitted this on several occasions.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
RazoE;1098469 said:
nice car, I've seen 3 of them here in L.A...

strangely always on Rosecrans Ave...

Wish Nissan would offer a 3rd pedal though...

i said the same thing... but there is no such thing as a true manual GTR... its either automatic on the center or manual on the paddle shifters... but like i said before with a automatic that shifts in .02 sec ya kindda dont need a manual, yet it takes the fun away from driving a car. ya gain performance but loose some fun... what are you gonna do right.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
shenronzero;1098738 said:
i said the same thing... but there is no such thing as a true manual GTR... its either automatic on the center or manual on the paddle shifters... but like i said before with a automatic that shifts in .02 sec ya kindda dont need a manual, yet it takes the fun away from driving a car. ya gain performance but loose some fun... what are you gonna do right.

I personally like paddle shifters...i see alot of fun in it.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
MkIII_Jeff;1101429 said:
The best part of using launch control is the destruction of the tranny. Nissan is VERY against owners of the car using it.

If they don't want them using it....why the hell would they put it in the car?

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
Its hard to argue that the car is any thing but awesome but i just can't bring my self to like the way it looks. I mean in my opinion the 350z nismo addition looks 1000x times better but its no where near the car for the money as the skyline. Is it me or does it get annoying that people keep calling the gtr a supercar for the "playstation generation"