New Initial D: Stage 5

Gmelo30

Aug 7, 2012
Wappingers Falls, NY
I watched Wangan Midnight but had the same problem with not being able to find edited/subbed episodes. I watched the real life movie and just like Initial D they changed the story around a little but not as bad as Initial D, like in the beginning they showed the main character driving a red z31 in the cartoon/manga and in the real life movie they put him in a z32.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
AbsoluteSpeed;1891261 said:
Funny enough I was impatiently waiting for the next episode of Initial D so I started watching Wangan Midnight. I’m on the 13 episode right now and will probably finish watching them this weekend (nothing else to do, I am in a cast for another couple weeks).
It's a good show and I like that it has more of a tuning aspect to it.
Glad you enjoy it man. I'll say this much about it, I've never wanted a Nissan L-engine more than I did hearing it in that show...

Gmelo30;1891370 said:
I watched Wangan Midnight but had the same problem with not being able to find edited/subbed episodes. I watched the real life movie and just like Initial D they changed the story around a little but not as bad as Initial D, like in the beginning they showed the main character driving a red z31 in the cartoon/manga and in the real life movie they put him in a z32.
I still have yet to get around to watching the movie, but I have seen a couple clips. Will get to it someday. :)

Really is a shame that it doesn't seem like it ever got picked up by a good subbing group...

StiCk3

Apr 25, 2009
->IN<-
Gmelo30;1892024 said:
Sweet! I need to find the Wangan episodes now too. I love the way the devil z looks.

after you get done, watch the Wangan Midnight live-action movie. It's on youtube with subs, i liked it

Gmelo30

Aug 7, 2012
Wappingers Falls, NY
StiCk3;1892042 said:
after you get done, watch the Wangan Midnight live-action movie. It's on youtube with subs, i liked it
I saw it about 6 months ago, I liked it. I wish I could find a Z with a custom twin turbo Le28, it would surprise a lot people and especially if you say it doesn't have an Rb in it. Being realistic I have my supra for now that I love and can't wait to autocross it.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Gmelo30;1892046 said:
I saw it about 6 months ago, I liked it. I wish I could find a Z with a custom twin turbo Le28, it would surprise a lot people and especially if you say it doesn't have an Rb in it. Being realistic I have my supra for now that I love and can't wait to autocross it.
Nissan did a Turbo 280zx for a few years, with a L28ET... single turbo, but if you wanted to, a twin setup probably wouldn't be hard to manage. Trick is finding a good Z-car that hasn't been eaten up by rust.

Gmelo30

Aug 7, 2012
Wappingers Falls, NY
te72;1892414 said:
Nissan did a Turbo 280zx for a few years, with a L28ET... single turbo, but if you wanted to, a twin setup probably wouldn't be hard to manage. Trick is finding a good Z-car that hasn't been eaten up by rust.
That's the biggest issue I agree with you, there is a 1980 IIRC 280zx on my local craigslist that has the whole kaminari kit on it but is not a turbo.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Gmelo30;1892475 said:
That's the biggest issue I agree with you, there is a 1980 IIRC 280zx on my local craigslist that has the whole kaminari kit on it but is not a turbo.
Engine swaps in an old Z are the easy part. Like I said, if you can find one without rust (or have the skills to deal with rust) for a decent price... and have the means, snag it. They're really fun cars. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
AbsoluteSpeed;1900207 said:
Prepare for a cliff hanger and you'll probably have to wait another month for a new episode.
How is that a spoiler man? Pretty much every race in the show's past was divided into a few episodes, so they tend to leave things on a high note. Good marketing though, and Naruto might be one of the worst for pulling that haha. I've read the manga though, so already knowing what is gonna happen lessens the tension a bit. :p

For what it's worth, I got about halfway through Stage 4 back in the day when it was airing. Ended up moving, and my roommate who was my source of anime did as well. I didn't get to finish Stage 4 until sometime in 2007 when I finally got to meet up with the old roommate years later.

Gmelo30;1900830 said:
Sweet thanks for that! Also, its ok if anyone here grew up watching Dragonball Z on Toonami (on Cartoon Network) you know how much they sucked with showing new episodes on time, especially with the cliff hanger parts.
Dude, Toonami kicked ass back in the day. Used to record it on VHS so my brother and I could watch it either after school or after I got off work on nights I had to work. Fun times, although Kai is a LOT better overall. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So, anyone know yet how many episodes are going to be in this season? The wiki article on it only has air dates for the first 10 episodes. Would be good to know when it's over so I can start watching it again haha...