New Initial D: Stage 5

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
My computer has some issue where I get a bit of static over the speakers now and then, which I can clear up by unplugging/re-plugging in the audio cable, or going through the sound test on the control panel. Unfortunately, doing so does something with the audio driver, and now Youtube videos make no sound.

That aside, I refuse to watch it until there is a good fansubbed version out. Looking forward to it though. :)

AbsoluteSpeed;1889474 said:
No way! Finally some closure.
I've probably watched the series 3 times and felt cheated they never finished it.
Closure? You must not read the manga haha... They've got enough chapters they could pretty easily do another season or two on top of these new episodes. ;)

I think Fourth Stage ended somewhere around chapter 300-350 something... and they're well over 600 chapters now, so...

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
AbsoluteSpeed;1889487 said:
^Psht, I didn't want to pay for it lol
But actually, I never knew it went any further in the comics..

Yup yup! It sure does theres even a mk4 this time around! This season gonna be bad ass! Also the updated animation makes it even more enjoyable

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
AbsoluteSpeed;1889487 said:
^Psht, I didn't want to pay for it lol
But actually, I never knew it went any further in the comics..
Pay for it? Initial D has been plagued by how Tokyopop handled it. IIRC it's been picked up again, I forget by who, but hopefully they do a better job. Until then, I'll rely on fan subs and/or scanlations. ;)

Edit, just because I can:

http://manga.clubcarisma.info/?X=Initial+D

Read through a few chapters, it's passable as far as readability goes. You're welcome. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
AbsoluteSpeed;1890403 said:
Now to wait 2 weeks for the next one...

Has it been 2 weeks yet?!
...and this is why I refuse to watch it for now. Been watching Naruto for 8 years now, the whole waiting game is not much fun.

On a more related note, has anyone else here watched Wangan Midnight? I rather enjoyed it, but have been kinda disappointed that it never had an official English subbed release, and I never found a single fansub group that went through the whole series. Makes things a bit inconsistent, to say the least... Oddly enough I knew about the series from seeing the arcade game long before I ever knew there was a show. Here in my hometown of all places...

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
te72;1890908 said:
...and this is why I refuse to watch it for now. Been watching Naruto for 8 years now, the whole waiting game is not much fun.

On a more related note, has anyone else here watched Wangan Midnight? I rather enjoyed it, but have been kinda disappointed that it never had an official English subbed release, and I never found a single fansub group that went through the whole series. Makes things a bit inconsistent, to say the least... Oddly enough I knew about the series from seeing the arcade game long before I ever knew there was a show. Here in my hometown of all places...

Funny enough I was impatiently waiting for the next episode of Initial D so I started watching Wangan Midnight. I’m on the 13 episode right now and will probably finish watching them this weekend (nothing else to do, I am in a cast for another couple weeks).
It's a good show and I like that it has more of a tuning aspect to it.