New from Houston!

Sside

May 20, 2008
Houston
Im 5 min away from West Oaks sooo Im down when ever 2... Lets do it.... Sorry bout that Blue... : (

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
Well if anybody is free today or tomorrow and wants to come mess with the car, let me know!

Btw: don't get to down about the emissions, there's always a way aroind that :D

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
Forcedtorque could I possibly receive a call from you? My pump is wired weird. Need some info.

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
I'm so frustrated. I don't understand why it won't start :/

Got the fuel pump going, but still no fire. Just turns and turns.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Patch, I will call you tomorrow. What is a good time to call? People are sleeping, and I'm told I talk too loud for that. In the meantime, use this link, and go from that page on. Bookmark the cygnus website. It is the TSRM online. I have a hard copy, but have learned to use this one much more often. Before finding this site, I was able to basically do a simple tune up, change oil and tires, and maybe do a good clean up of the interior. Now I have done 3 motor installs and parted out 10-12 Supras.

http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=IG&P=10

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
ForcedTorque;1120085 said:
Patch, I will call you tomorrow. What is a good time to call? People are sleeping, and I'm told I talk too loud for that. In the meantime, use this link, and go from that page on. Bookmark the cygnus website. It is the TSRM online. I have a hard copy, but have learned to use this one much more often. Before finding this site, I was able to basically do a simple tune up, change oil and tires, and maybe do a good clean up of the interior. Now I have done 3 motor installs and parted out 10-12 Supras.

http://cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=IG&P=10

Call anytime, I'm off work all day tomorrow.

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
The earlier the better! We're trying to get this thing to turn on so we can diagnose some problems.

Turbosidosis

PVC FTW
Mar 31, 2005
Houston (Sugar Land), TX
Hey guys, welcome Patch

I just graduated college in east texas and im moving back to houston. I live in New Territory at hwy 6 and 90. My supra has been running real well in Nacogdoches, I think a year and a half is a record for me =]

Let me know if yall do stuff ~John

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
Whoo hoo its alive!

But knocking :(

And for some reason it keeps burning up batteries. Smoke was coming from both posts.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Sorry I didn't call you today! When I was able, I tried to come get your number off of here, and the site was down. We were super busy today. Most days I get paid to sit and surf the web.

What ended up being the reason it wouldn't start?

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
ForcedTorque;1121036 said:
Sorry I didn't call you today! When I was able, I tried to come get your number off of here, and the site was down. We were super busy today. Most days I get paid to sit and surf the web.

What ended up being the reason it wouldn't start?

The efi main relay went bad. I pulled it and checked for 12v going to the socket, it was there. So I jumped ports 4 and 2 and the car started right up. But after it ran for like 10 minutes or so, the battery posts started to smoke and the car turned off...

So now I gotta go return the battery for another and hope I didn't blow another relay somewhere...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
That's odd! I had a long list of experiences from 3 different installs to share as possible reasons, and that EFI fuse was not on it. It just happens to be the part that puzzled me for so long on my latest install.