need some help

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
ok so now i have to check my tps and if that is out of wack i need to get another one correct? and also when i check my timing the timing is still jumping ( it goes down then back up) so this could be due to my tps correct

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
ok so today i visited my local juck yard and got a tps and am going to try that on sunday. so ill let yall know what happens. and again i think everyone for there help

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
ok guys well today i worked on the supra again. and i finally got to drive it. but i think i have a major boost leak or vaccum leak b/c when i give it some gas it seems to not want to go anywhere so i have to tap the gas again then it wants or trys to go. so my next step is trying to figure out where the leak is. i will post up a vide of it just idling and tapping on the gas, but its still in neutral. so any help will be appreciated.

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
Ok guys i was able to work on the supra on saturday and thought id might share some info about whats happening now. well i am able to drive it now but not really and the idle is still messing up. so when i drive it i have to tap on the gas a couple times before it will go, but when i try to shift gears it dies and i have to tap the gas again before it will go again.
And when sitting still when i try to keep it at a certain rpm, it will stay there for a second and then go back down. then when i hold it a wot it wont even do anything it will just sit there and the rpms wont change.
And the only code i am getting is code 52 which is for the knock sensor. but i have another question, instead of tapping the block to put another knock sensor in, can i just splice the two knock sensor wires together and connect them to one sensor. and sorry for the long post. i really appreciate everyones help.

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
anymore ideas. i gotta get this thing running. i just changed my plugs and its still doing it. gonna change out my afm again, getting on in the mail this week.

did you re wire the ks wires from ks to ecu, i would think that youd have to connect the 2 ks wires in the ecu to the single ks wire...i just rewired our ks cuz of that code 52 and weve been happy booosting!! btw we used rg6 coaxial cable most people say use rg58....

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
Also double check spark plug wires to make sure you hooked them right . if one of spark plug wires hooked wrong , it will misfire , back fire when your foot on the gas also idle like crap . show us a close look picture of how you hook your spark plug wires .