need help with tps plug ASAP!!!

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
hey guys,

first off, the ass who did my harness cut off the friggin tps plug completely, i guess he mistook it for the trc plug. and he cut it so far back i had to take the harness back off the engine just so i can join the wires.

i had a spare harness that i took the plug off from, but apparently after not checkin up on it almost a month later, the plug disappears. so im a lil stuck right now.

but my idea was to just use that same plug for the trc sensor sense its identical to the plug for the tps sensor. but the only problem is i dont know which wires to match.

all i need to know is where all 4 tps wires go on the plug in order from left to right.

i have a jzx90 harness and if i remember, the tps wire colors are brown/white&red/blue&yellow/black&yellow, on the the soarer harness i had, the tps wire colors are different so im a lil confused.

hopefully i can get some answers by later tonite, cuz tomorow i wanna put the harness back on my motor as well as change my rear seal, put on my flywheel, clutch & tranny.

daniel

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
ok TPS wires looking at the top of the connector from left to right:

Brown

Yellow/Blue

White/Red

Blue/Black

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
O MAN I LUV U!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sniff:sniff: sorry, i just get a lil emotional when i recieve much needed help

lol

thanks alot man

just to make sure though..................

------------
l U U U U l
l 1 2 3 4 l
\ /

U - pin

1 - brown

2 - yellow/blue

3 - white/red

4 - blue/black

is my crappy ass representation correct???

being that your facing the side of the plug with the clip to lock it in

just wanna make sure cuz ur "top" of connector might be different from mine.

also u said blue/black wire???? my harness doesnt have a blue/black tps wire, the other color is black/yellow. what harness do you have?

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
haha, np man. i have a jza70 harness. your chart is correct, and yes, i'm talking about looking at the top of the connector with the locking clip. you can always swap the pins after you've soldered everything together in case it's not right.

Last edited: