need help just got an 87 turbo dont know if turbo is bad

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Well, there was a time you knew squat about Hondas right? You must know it takes time and effort to learn new things and frankly, most people would rather die than think. Fixing this car is like any other. Even if it seems insurmountable the task is done one step at a time. Wait and see how you feel in a week or so. Truth is, once up to snuff, this car can be a very fine driving machine.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
If you have a Honda figured out this Supra will be a walk in the park. As JJ stated it is just a series of small tasks to get it figured out. Anyone with a strong desire and very strong willingness to learn can do it.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
jetjock;1091917 said:
most people would rather die than think.

<CRE waves> Unfortunately, I often find myself doing a bit of the latter out of reflex first... then it's all over.

Seriously though. These cars are very uncommon, but they can be very easy to work on once you get a handle on the basics. The downside with most old, uncommon imports is a) lack of information and b) parts can cost a fortune. With the MKIII Supra, you've at least got a lot of good help with a) available to you. Sorry, no MKIII improvement loan packages available... yet.

Hell, sometimes I think the only two reasons I keep this car are: it's the devil I know AND this car keeps my desire for new challenges VERY well satisfied.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Cars are built on an assembly line, so most anything that needs to be done is a matter of steps that anyone could do (given they have the right tools).

If you can work on one car, you can work on em all, you just have to have the manuals to know the differences...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
targa87turbo;1092127 said:
lol thats why there reliable

<<283k miles and only hg issues says Toyota's are reliable too. ;)

If you aren't dying for the cash, nut up and learn about these fine automobiles or get it in the hands of a loving and willing owner. DO NOT SCRAP IT... unless you put it in a yard near me. :D

targa87turbo

Jul 25, 2008
fairfax county,va
ok here are some pics probably seen it before

Attachments

• picture004ix9.jpg
    picture004ix9.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 16
  • picture003iv9.jpg
    picture003iv9.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 18
  • picture007hm6.jpg
    picture007hm6.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 16
  • picture005ek2.jpg
    picture005ek2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 12
  • picture009ix4.jpg
    picture009ix4.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 10

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
i see potenial. i like it. not in the best shape for being 20 years old but certainly not in the worst too. if i where you, i'd do what cre said first. check your codes. just calm down buddy. i understand so much info at the same time can be really overwelming. like most people have been saying, just take it one step at a time. and once you get it running in good shape, its gonna be better than your honda. gonna get alot more attention with it too. i know many guys on here will agree with me. we'll take care of ya on here. notice how there are alot of major maintaince free supras on here. cause many have lots and lots of knowledge about these cars. so just relax, and take it one step at a time.