Narrowed it down to these 5 tires...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
falken sucks balls... had a set on the supra, i would spin them not even trying...

my smaller sized kumoh asx's were better, and quieter...

Kumon FTW. but not the SPT...

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I have a real personal liking for Bridgestone Potenzas... they have amazing grip and it's worth every penny spent.

Plus I bought mine when you could buy 1 tire and get 3 free.. :biglaugh:

Sometimes you just gotta wait for the deals.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Dunckel;959426 said:
I hated my Kumho's. No traction, and they wore out too quickly. I love my Toyo Proxes.
Those aren't bad tires at all - I had a set on my 944 and they worked out rather well... I have 3 of them in my crawl space as we speak... only 3 :3d_frown:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
sumitomo is shit, plain and simple

i like my ecsta spt's but don't do that much drag/autox so ill have to go with the falkens

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Dont get firestone...shitty tires. I have falkens on my supra right now and they are great. I had bridgestone on my saws couple of months a go and they were also great with traction.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
BFG is my preference out of that list.
I've had the General Exclaim UHP's. Traction was good but the sidewalls are pretty soft so handling could have been better.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
I've had both SPTs and Gforces. I have the Gforces on my car now. SPTs are nice tires and are sticky for the price. I got the Gforces because they were on special at Tirerack and they have a 400 treadwear, i burn up tires fast. The Gforces are sticky when hot! I slipped it alittle from 5K and it stuck.

NocturnalKitty

May 22, 2005
Ca/Az
AF1JZ;959070 said:
Yup, I had the Falken Ziex ZE-512 on the TT wheels when I had them and they hooked up great!!! They are priced pretty good too.

i hated those when i had them...couldn't wait to get rid of them. got the bfg g-force sport now and i love them. had them since july of 2006 and am looking at buying another set in a few month or so for the supra again and maybe even for the other project car when the time comes. don't get me wrong i'm not saying all falken tires suck but omg did i hate those damn tires (the ziex512).

akito;959491 said:
Dont get firestone...shitty tires.

reminds me of the old running j/k about firestone flipping ppl over when they were having all those issues a few yrs back. lol

some lady ended up sueing and got an ass load of cash out of that.

Last edited:

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Don't get the Falken ziex-512, those are not a high performance tire! Those are high mileage passenger car tires!

The FK-452 is the one you want, or the RT-615 is what I run.

IMHO, listen to the people on here who make enough power and have enough good enough suspension to actually tell the difference between tires. :icon_wink

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
bigaaron;959913 said:
Don't get the Falken ziex-512, those are not a high performance tire! Those are high mileage passenger car tires!

The FK-452 is the one you want, or the RT-615 is what I run.

IMHO, listen to the people on here who make enough power and have enough good enough suspension to actually tell the difference between tires. :icon_wink
Thanks for your input Aaron. Im looking into getting some sorta high performance tires that can actually last a while. Im pretty much just BPU status so im not making crazy power. What do you think about the Falken azenis ST115?

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
AF1JZ;959070 said:
Yup, I had the Falken Ziex ZE-512 on the TT wheels when I had them and they hooked up great!!! They are priced pretty good too.

Uuuugghhhhh... I hear Falken and cringe. I went through 3 sets of the 512's within 2 years.

I would definitely go with the Ecsta's.

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
bigaaron;960106 said:
512's are no good! That's not a good tire and not the tire to judge Falken by!!!!

I know. People have commented before saying how 512's should have another brand name on them because they don't match the same quality as their other tires. I've heard good things about the Azenis though.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Hmm, I had good results with them. Don't know why you guys had shit luck with them. They hook up better than the Nitto 555's that I have on there right now. To each their own I guess.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I absolutely love my Falken Azenis RT-615's. Running 255/40 front, 275/40 rear, on MKIV TT rims.