NA-T MK3 Vs Evo KILL!!!!!!!

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Devin LeBlanc;1677051 said:
He was tuned by one of the top tuners in vegas.. He is running 22.5 PSi with 70% injector duty cycle, no knock detected and ECU is not pulling any timing..

On what software? Ecutek or ecuflash? And still waiting to hear what kind of turbo. TIA

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Skeezix;1677129 said:
30K was just a random guess

Yea I like to make random guesses too. lol Just not when dealing with objective information in threads because then something called misinformation gets around and we dont want that now do we? Not trying to flame just stating the obvious

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
IBoughtASupra;1677053 said:
EVOs and STis can have their stock computers tuned. Wait until that gets unlocked for the 7M by the members on here...

When is this game-changing breakthrough supposed to occur? I'd think that in the 23 or so years that people have been building these cars that we'd have figured that out by now. I know there's a TCCS disassembly article somewhere, but IIRC that requires socketing the ECU and burning a new PROM each time.

Devin LeBlanc;1676805 said:
My brother tunes for a living and I work full time at his shop.. He tunes and builds cars everyday.. My car will make 300 wheel HP on a load dyno.. 320 on a dynojet roughly.

No disrespect, but don't you want to know for sure what you're putting down? I mean, you do work at a tuning shop and thus presumably have cheap access to a dyno.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
IBoughtASupra;1677053 said:
EVOs and STis can have their stock computers tuned. Wait until that gets unlocked for the 7M by the members on here, I know a lot of owners will be happy and the noobs will advance timing and then post, "Why did my engine blow up, dumb 7M."

They should just clone the stock ECU instead of trying to hack it.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
ae86ma70;1677134 said:
When is this game-changing breakthrough supposed to occur? I'd think that in the 23 or so years that people have been building these cars that we'd have figured that out by now. I know there's a TCCS disassembly article somewhere, but IIRC that requires socketing the ECU and burning a new PROM each time.

No disrespect, but don't you want to know for sure what you're putting down? I mean, you do work at a tuning shop and thus presumably have cheap access to a dyno.

I have to agree withh you there. It has been 20+ yrs. It only took the evo community a little more than a yr to not only figure out how to crack the ecu on the 8s and 9s but also the X's! All you have to do is pull the rom and get through the cheksums and of course your going to invest some money into some software and wallah!

And its odd to me that this person does have access to a tuner shop and yet he doesnt know what he actually puts down. The fact is you wont know what you put down till you actually do it. Id just like to make a guess that my car will put down 1000whp on a dyno dynamics. Since this thread seems to be about guestimations here lol! Id also like to say that on my iphone pocket dyno Id prolly make about 1bazillion hp.

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

we also dont know how this kill went down ie: how many car lengths till what speed did you go too etc etc. More info is much abliged

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
Our cars don't have OBD2-?, so I'd suppose it's largely due to a difference between new and old skool technology. I don't know of too many current platforms that don't allow for some sort of re-programming of the stock ECU. Look at all the new diesel power handheld programmers, as well as what you can do with the GM LS series motors with a relatively inexpensive programmer. I'm sure there are lots of other examples, but the HyperTech and AccessPort programmers seem to be the most prevalent.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ae86ma70;1677134 said:

Wrong, actually read the thread and see what's actually happening with it. It's almost done on the hardware side, then the software to actually do the tuning needs to be completed.

Back in the day it was cheaper and easier to flash and swap a chip (not to mention the only thing that would fit). Computer tech has come a looooooong way in 10 years let alone 25...

Also, cloning the ECU while possible would be more expensive.

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
Well, like so many other threads on this wonderful forum, I seem to have (actually) read it quite some time ago and may be a bit fuzzy on the newer developments. I guess I didn't realize that it was ongoing. My apologies for incorrect information.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I have dyno'd several times, However I have not since I changed my fuel pump, I was leaning out up top and I made 280WHP 299WHTQ.. I can use the dyno anytime.. Just have no had a chance.. Will once I get new injectors, exhaust and E85 to tune

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
That makes sense. I was under the impression that you were just going by pants-dyno figures. :)

It's also nice to see higher TQ figures for a change. It would be interesting to see what happens to those numbers after some upgrades.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Poodles;1677157 said:
Wrong, actually read the thread and see what's actually happening with it. It's almost done on the hardware side, then the software to actually do the tuning needs to be completed.

Back in the day it was cheaper and easier to flash and swap a chip (not to mention the only thing that would fit). Computer tech has come a looooooong way in 10 years let alone 25...

Also, cloning the ECU while possible would be more expensive.

Soooo its still a work in progress then judging by what you said? I will admit I havent even seen this thread let alone look and read it so I dont know what it consists of. However, I guess the point is its not done yet. I would also like to ask why not go with something like ecuflash or ecutek for a flashing software? I am sure they could make something for the mk3 community. Sorry for the OTness of my post, but I figure since a mod is also talking about this im in the clear.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Devin LeBlanc;1677165 said:
Im hoping to be about 310 wheel HP with some torque on top with E85 and 14 lbs of boost

Wait did i miss something? I thought you said you would be around 300 on a load bearing dyno and now with a bigger fp, injectors, adding e85, exhaust, and assuming your going to turn up the wic your only accounting for only a 10hp increase? Im lost.... someone help me out here I will admit sometimes I do miss things or have horrible reading comp, so I may have missed something here.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I put down 280WHP 299WTQ on 9lbs

I am not planning to see much of an increase with E85 due to I am going to be using the stock ECU still.. But I will still play with the timing, mainly only to keep temps down and reduce detonation with the higher boost..

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
uhhh so you still arent going to answer the other questions? Or is this classified top secret info? I still dont see how with the addition of all those mods and increasing boost 5psi your only looking to get a 10hp increase??? Like I said maybe I missed something lol. oh well i tried

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Im only at 280WHP right now.. So that would be a 30Hp increase.. I might see more I was kind of just throwing a number out there.. Most Original GTE's on 14lbs with the stock turbo make 280-295HP on 91... So with the higher compression and E85 I should be 310-320

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Edit: Im also not planning to see a gain from the exhaust, because I am currently running a 2.5 inch straight exhaust and I am going to 3 inch.. So might do nothing..

Thanks,
Devin

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Devin LeBlanc;1676805 said:
We use load dyno's only, no inertia high readings here.. Mustang or dynocom, Our dyno in my brothers shop is a AWD dynocom..

My brother tunes for a living and I work full time at his shop.. He tunes and builds cars everyday.. My car will make 300 wheel HP on a load dyno.. 320 on a dynojet roughly.

Im ordering Drag radials for the drag season, first runs will be march 18th! Woot ;) Going 12's soon

Wait didnt you just say this not too long ago? Im confused here. Also just a tidbit of info normally the difference from a normal load bearing dyno as opposed to a dj is about 15% not less than 10%. So again from you and yor brothers expertise of where this car "should dyno" and then after your addition of parts, increase boost, and tuning your only accounting for a 10whp increase? That is a very conservative guestimation my friend especially with an increase of 5psi of boost on these cars.