91 octane
Automatic (Accumulator/valve body mods)

My car is running outstanding!

[video=youtube;h-vfkX5ssCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-vfkX5ssCs[/video]

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
Nice! I took down one of the new turbo ralli art ones, he looked pretty embarrased having spent $30K and lost to me in my rusty $2K car lol. I was around 9 PSI too

marcmann982

Permanently Banned Scammer
Jun 28, 2010
north little rock. ar
Skeezix;1676148 said:
Nice! I took down one of the new turbo ralli art ones, he looked pretty embarrased having spent $30K and lost to me in my rusty $2K car lol. I was around 9 PSI too

haha i knew those cars were pieces lol but was the evo sandbaging or was his car just really that slow devin how much horse are you pushing?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Sounds like it's time to make a trip to the strip and put down some numbers. I'm sure you have a friend with a mustang/camaro somewhere that has a pair of slicks. I'm sure he wouldn't mind letting you make a few passes on them.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Devin LeBlanc;1676587 said:
I should put down a little over 300 wheel

On what? md or dj? Theres a huge difference between the 2.

Skeezix;1676148 said:

Wait what? When was a ra ever 30k? Unless your dealers are bumping up the prices on these. You can get an actual evo for around 30k.
Devin LeBlanc;1676644 said:
They only make 275-280WHP on a mustang dyno.. Its a Evo 8 so smaller turbo

Really? No they dont they dont even make that stock on a dj let alone a md. And not all evo 8 have smaller turbos. Wow alot of misinfo here.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
We use load dyno's only, no inertia high readings here.. Mustang or dynocom, Our dyno in my brothers shop is a AWD dynocom..

My brother tunes for a living and I work full time at his shop.. He tunes and builds cars everyday.. My car will make 300 wheel HP on a load dyno.. 320 on a dynojet roughly.

Im ordering Drag radials for the drag season, first runs will be march 18th! Woot ;) Going 12's soon

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
Devin LeBlanc;1676805 said:
We use load dyno's only, no inertia high readings here.. Mustang or dynocom, Our dyno in my brothers shop is a AWD dynocom..

My brother tunes for a living and I work full time at his shop.. He tunes and builds cars everyday.. My car will make 300 wheel HP on a load dyno.. 320 on a dynojet roughly.

Im ordering Drag radials for the drag season, first runs will be march 18th! Woot ;) Going 12's soon

Ok sounds good just be sure to let people know what kind of dyno so we have a better idea. If you have before then I am sorry but I dont follow everyones every post.

However, nice kill evos arent easy to beat as I know since I also own one. A stock evo 8 with the smaller 9.8 hotside turbo will dyno around 210-215 on a normal md. So your running about 100whp more. I noticed it has a few boltons and it really depends on the tune obviously so unless he is somewhere near to you hp wise I can understand him having difficulty as far as keeping up with yo especially on the freeway due to these cars falling flat on their face after 125-130mph.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Also Id like to add that the evo shouldnt be running 23psi on 91oct. This is not the best thing to do in most cases and id imagine his tune isnt very conservative. Most proper tuners will tell you 21-22psi is where the car should be at tops on 91 on stock framed turbo setups. Also as far as mods go with a decent tune he should be pretty close to 285-290 on a md depending of course on how well the car ran and the conditions of the tune.

Id defintely like to know exactly what kind of turbo he is running. If it is infact the smaller 9.8 or the bigger 10.5 hotside.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
He was tuned by one of the top tuners in vegas.. He is running 22.5 PSi with 70% injector duty cycle, no knock detected and ECU is not pulling any timing..

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Devin LeBlanc;1677051 said:
He was tuned by one of the top tuners in vegas.. He is running 22.5 PSi with 70% injector duty cycle, no knock detected and ECU is not pulling any timing..

EVOs and STis can have their stock computers tuned. Wait until that gets unlocked for the 7M by the members on here, I know a lot of owners will be happy and the noobs will advance timing and then post, "Why did my engine blow up, dumb 7M."