N/A to Turbo Parts

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
Hey everybody, I currently have an 87 MkIII Supra N/A, i am trying to go BPU and Swap out the parts to a 5speed turbo targa when i feel i am ready. I will Keep the oem parts to reinstall once i sell the car. What parts are interchangable between an N/A and turbo supra? something easy to take off. For example intake, headers, and exhaust if their interchangable.

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
So Whats the easiest things to do then? I would imagine intake and a catback exhaust. anything else thats easily taken off to swap into a a future 5 speed turbo?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Start saving money. That's the best thing to do. I'm still gathering parts for my swap, and I've spent over 1200 already. Ouch... that hurt to say... :cry:

mk3supra

Apr 22, 2005
Decatur, IL
www.supramania.com
I found it alot easier to purchase a wrecked factory turbo supra. Then you will have every part needed and would be easy to just swap over.

I got mine for around $1000 and it came with a lot of extra mods that i sold and i also parted the rest of it out to help offset the price of the car.

I went through the engine before I put it in my car and found out one of the previous owners put JE pistons in it. The guy I bought the car from had no idea.

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
mk3supra;1285349 said:
I found it alot easier to purchase a wrecked factory turbo supra. Then you will have every part needed and would be easy to just swap over.

I got mine for around $1000 and it came with a lot of extra mods that i sold and i also parted the rest of it out to help offset the price of the car.

I went through the engine before I put it in my car and found out one of the previous owners put JE pistons in it. The guy I bought the car from had no idea.

Wrecked car? why would i buy a wrecked one wheni can buy one for a couple hundred more and forget all the cosmetic damage done? Not trying to be rude im curious as to why youd buy one thats been damaged?

enawazh

May 8, 2007
long beach
I guess what hes saying is get one that's hit from the back for really cheap. And swap everything over and you can sell the body parts suspension and brakes to offset the price. Much cheaper that way.

car 1 car 2
sell 7mge swap 7mgte into car 1
sell everything in car 2

More work but cheaper in the long run.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Jokervrs;1286791 said:
Wrecked car? why would i buy a wrecked one wheni can buy one for a couple hundred more and forget all the cosmetic damage done? Not trying to be rude im curious as to why youd buy one thats been damaged?

he meant to buy a totaled car for the engine, take what you need, then junk it

ma70leon

Mar 23, 2009
the road
whats the average cost for a 7mgte swap into an n.a?
I mean I have a 87 n.a speed..... i can keep the w58 on it for a while right?

Jokervrs

Mar 20, 2009
California
enawazh;1287200 said:
I guess what hes saying is get one that's hit from the back for really cheap. And swap everything over and you can sell the body parts suspension and brakes to offset the price. Much cheaper that way.

car 1 car 2
sell 7mge swap 7mgte into car 1
sell everything in car 2

More work but cheaper in the long run.

Ohhh. Alright then, dam, i need to learn to swap a dam motor then. Sounds like an extremely cheap alternative if you can do the work yourself.

SiLeNcE SuPrA

I keed I keed
Mar 4, 2008
IDK
Jokervrs;1287818 said:
Ohhh. Alright then, dam, i need to learn to swap a dam motor then. Sounds like an extremely cheap alternative if you can do the work yourself.

You planning on going big?