My Supra is going in for paint tomorrow!!

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Ever check out Cascade Cars and Coffee at Starbucks Cascade Station? Every Saturday. Haven't been there myself. But I'd like to go soon. Be cool if you two ^^ were down to check it out and help me put some Supra presence on the place.

Faye;1960433 said:
Oh I absolutely will.......... I was actually up there recently, not with the Supra though. I bought it from up where you guys are all at. I am way jealous of your epic weekly Supra meets. I wish we had something like that in Portland!!!

This is how we started the weekly meets. Was back last January or so. I met Adam randomly at a gas station as i was running 4hours late for work. We exchanged numbers and I started to text him when I got to work instead of working...yes like little giggly school girls. After about a week of making Adam's girlfriend jealous I texted him "Dude lets have a Supra meet tomorrow!" He was all like "YEAH!" So I ran upstairs and posted on these forums about our meet that we wanted to do. Was about a 20 hour notice? Adam had texted one of his friends that had a supra. So the next night I showed up 25minutes early from the said meet up time. Didn't think anyone would show up. Then Derek showed up (suprasick). Adam's friend showed up soon after that.. 30minutes late after said meet up time Adam shows up. Well you know how there is always that one guy that ruins everything for everyone? Yeah that is Adam. But this is worthy of a whole different story. We just started having meets like every week after that.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
supranewbie;1960514 said:
Ever check out Cascade Cars and Coffee at Starbucks Cascade Station? Every Saturday. Haven't been there myself. But I'd like to go soon. Be cool if you two ^^ were down to check it out and help me put some Supra presence on the place.

Would totally be down...heard about it a lot though I still don't know the exact location

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
I just had it painted!! (duh..) so its all in pieces. Just gotta put it back together. And Oops, I guess I mean one week, seeing as the cruise is a week from tomorrow. :-/

I used to love going to the Cars and Coffee!! But sadly I work Saturdays now. :( What about a Sunday meet-up and then cruise to the Red Door Meet? We could try for the 2nd Sunday in September??

Villy that's a cute story of your meet's humble beginnings :) I'm inspired!! Let's make it happen on the Southern tip of the state, shall we??!?! :D

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
jdmfreak;1961112 said:
Our southern meets will be so good You are gonna wanna come down on your own dime :p

This^^^^

HAHAHAHA Yes, I like your attitude :)

And okay, honestly, I have been so excited about putting the car back together that I haven't taken many!!! D: But thanks for reminding me, I'll take some tomorrow when I go out there.

THe only ones I have now are these 2 shots from last Wednesday when I picked it up:

(this one I've already posted, but here it is again!)
p1961275_1.jpg

p1961275_2.jpg

For the first 3 days, I didn't touch it, just let the paint cure. Then I worked all weekend long :( so lame!! So I have only had my evenings, but so far he almost looks like a real car again! I mean, sure, I am an obsessive labeler to a FAULT so I have everything here, ready, in order, ready to go back on, but now that he looks so prettyyyyyyyyyyyy I just don't have the heart to put my nasty, dirty, 24-year-old parts back on without making them new seals, cleaning/polishing them all up, or buffing them or what have you. (See, THIS is how the long-term projects start..... but I already have one of those, and she's already getting jealous of the Supra)

So, resealed the trunk last night and buffed my tail lights and trim/moulding pieces, now I'm working on resealing the Targa top and buffing out the side mouldings. :D Then maybe by Thursday I can get the front bumper on and that all squared away....... I'm kind of working my way forwards :-/

Better pictures tomorrow!!

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Oh, but I guess I should add that I wasn't just sitting idle on my ass for the 3 days of waiting for the paint to cure, (well, I was actually sitting on my ass, but.....) I polished the shit out of my wheels HA! Which is hard to do without taking them apart. I think I spent about 4 hours per wheel, then roped a few friends into watching a movie with me and polishing away. They look AMAZINGGGGGGG. :D

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
GrimJack;1961366 said:
Did I mention that I hate you? I've only been looking for a set of those for 15 years. :(

I think that you said something similarly in my introduction thread ;) I love love love them. I also have been looking for them for a while - not quite 15 years though, but it took me 2 years to find them. Hey! At least I know what they are and appreciate what I have! :D

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
So, I really should make you all wait until I make it out to a meet, but since its going to take a miracle for me to make it out on Sunday, here are a few teaser photos:

:D Enjoy!!!

p1961649_1.jpg

p1961649_2.jpg

p1961649_3.jpg

p1961649_4.jpg

p1961649_5.jpg

And yes, this gravel driveway is literally where ALL OF THIS (minus the actual spraying of the paint) took place. And its Portland, so yes, my interior is completely drenched :(

Last edited:

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
It's been sooo nice lately and just the last few days that we've gotten drenched here in the PNW. Paint looks awesome though! Keep it up!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Faye;1961646 said:
I think that you said something similarly in my introduction thread ;) I love love love them. I also have been looking for them for a while - not quite 15 years though, but it took me 2 years to find them. Hey! At least I know what they are and appreciate what I have! :D
Do you know the size / offset on them? What tires are you running?