My new style gauge cluster with all new LED lights and some custom stuff also!

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Remember guys to ask the ebay seller that you want the WHITE colored LEDS that tend to give the light cool blue color.
There are some WHITE LEDs that tend to give a slightly yellow color on our gauges....

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Doing this upgrade will make you feel great... You are going to want to drive your Supra only during the night time! LOL
Not to mention that (also due to the fact that people don't know the car..99%),that people around think it is a new model
like year >2001.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You and your self-leveling headlights... You Euro guys got some cool stuff for our cars. :love:

Is the brightness level distracting when driving at night? I know some areas you only really need headlights so that OTHER drivers see you, not so you can see the road... while other places, such as where I live in, do NOT believe in street lighting. Hence, when driving away from the city/town, I keep my dash lights as dim as they will go. Easier to see wildlife that way. ;)

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
te72;1789113 said:
You and your self-leveling headlights... You Euro guys got some cool stuff for our cars. :love:

Is the brightness level distracting when driving at night? I know some areas you only really need headlights so that OTHER drivers see you, not so you can see the road... while other places, such as where I live in, do NOT believe in street lighting. Hence, when driving away from the city/town, I keep my dash lights as dim as they will go. Easier to see wildlife that way. ;)

This switch will be needed only if the passenger number or rear load will increase,so you can have the lights on the road.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Cool, I'm gonna get a set of these for mine. The stock look is getting old already and I've only had the car for a year.

The electronic leveling headlights are pretty useless, our mazda has them. I never even had to lower them when I had a full load in the car, they were still low enough not to bother oncoming cars. I think the law requires them some places though.

7m_no_sht

7m-no-more 1uzTT baby
Dec 6, 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
So did you have to run wires for the LEDs or did you just sodder the the bulb in or what? How does the bulb stay in place? Really want to do this but I would like to know the details. PM me if u wish

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
SupraClaou;1789044 said:
It is not hard to do... You need five LEDSs of 5W bulbs style. Stock cluster takes 4... 5W style bulbs and 1... 1.2W style bulb
which is behind the oem oil pressure gauge. You just to drill a bigger hole for to replace the small 1.2W style with the bigger 5W bulb.

The link for the W5W T10 style bulb with the 5 SMDs :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-Canbu...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c61e8189b

So this is plug and play? Now soldering or rewiring required?

What type of LEDs did you use for the switches and the HVAC unit?

Jimbo

Creeper
Jul 15, 2009
San Jose
7m_no_sht;1808444 said:
How did you get the Green backing off of the buttons? like where the light shines through and displays each button?

From what I remember u gotta pop em open, theres a little green sheet in front of the bulb you can remove.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
7m4evr;1884483 said:
props man you should think about doing this for members...damn good job i know id be in the market :stickpoke

i am in the process on making another prototype gauge cluster like i have, or maybe better , for sale here on the forum.

I don't know the exact price yet. But for sure it will be more than $400+ usd. It will be plug and play though!

The price can go down - $100 usd if the interested person ships me his oem gauge cluster.

I have to get an extra good condition gauge cluster and all the other electrical parts.

It will take some time to finish it, maybe a month or so.

Don't know if i could do a group buy yet, but it will be 1 prototype for sale.

Anyway i will update about this project soon. I will contact a mod also..

Thanks