My new style gauge cluster with all new LED lights and some custom stuff also!

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Hi guys!
I always wanted to renew my gauge cluster lighting. Also wanted to add some more warning lights
that my engine system supports like 'oil level' , 'oil pressure' 2nd 'brake' (for brake fluid), 'coolant level'
(which wasn't available for euro spec mk3s), 'digital voltmeter' (only N/As had a stock analog voltmemter),
and last a cool 'Parktronic' for the rear. Also added the 86'-88' centrer glass (the one with the Anti-loc,check engine,
rear tail lamps failure,door ajar and TEMS cause it lights with the other instrumentation. I also add the
Super monitor to make it more high tech! Last, I did placed the Clifford alarm led inside the cluster.

Took off my gauge cluster.
p1788765_1.jpg

Cut some holes to make space for the warning lights.
p1788765_2.jpg

p1788765_3.jpg

Installed everything inside the cluster.
p1788765_4.jpg

All circuits and plugs were done properly.
p1788765_5.jpg

Here is the 'oil level light',above the 'coolant level' and the 'Brake'.
p1788765_6.jpg

The rear 'Parking sensor display'.
p1788765_7.jpg

On the right side you can see above the 'Battery charge' the Dig 'Voltmeter' and the 'oil pressure'.
p1788765_8.jpg

A much wider view (super monitor,left/right warnings along with the parking sensor display.
p1788765_9.jpg

The LED that were used are SMD style crystal ice - white. 5 SMDs on every bulb (5W style)
It looks very nice...but in the night the camera can't record the cool blue flavour.
p1788765_10.jpg

Night view...
p1788765_11.jpg

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
0oooo I like yours. Very nice :D

Mine are shiney and bright where as yours are much clear and just the right brightness.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
mk3_7m;1788792 said:
0oooo I like yours. Very nice :D

Mine are shiney and bright where as yours are much clear and just the right brightness.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Can you adjust the brightness? They look cool..you just have to adjust them!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Man, talk about sensory overload! Looks great man. Am I mistaken, or are there 2 different "dummy lights" for the oil? Or is one pressure, the other level? That would make sense...

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
te72;1788843 said:
Man, talk about sensory overload! Looks great man. Am I mistaken, or are there 2 different "dummy lights" for the oil? Or is one pressure, the other level? That would make sense...

Thanks! One is for oil pressure and the other one is for oil level...
And ofcaurse I have the stock analog oil pressure gauge in the cluster,but I also have a Defi Display
with an oil pressure digital sensor for 100% accuracy along with low pressure warning / real time recording data.

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
Looks bad ass, nice work.

Did Euro models get an oil level sensor? What is that other switch with 0-1-2-3 on it?
I want to build in the led for my boost gauge and a low oil pressure warning. Something simple that is triggered by the alternator signal when the key is on.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
mecevans;1788933 said:
Looks bad ass, nice work.

Did Euro models get an oil level sensor? What is that other switch with 0-1-2-3 on it?
I want to build in the led for my boost gauge and a low oil pressure warning. Something simple that is triggered by the alternator signal when the key is on.

Thanks man. Euro models got the oil level sensor on 91-92 7MGTE models only. I have a 2JZGTE that had it as standard,as well as the 1JZGTE.
The 0-1-2-3 switch is a switch that adjusts the level/inclination of the headlight bulb. Only on Euro spec mk3s...I think.
You can get the low oil pressure warning sensor from a mk2 supra,very easy to install it. You just need to make a nice indication sheet,I got it again
from a mk2 supra! I wanted to be from the Supra family ! It is triggered from a power cable by the IGN+ (ignition switch). When you put the key in the
ON position the 'low oil pressure indicator' bulbs lights cause there is no oil pressure yet..and when you start the motor then after about 1 second it goes off.
So simple...

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Mr Roundtree;1788974 said:
how easy is this to do? i realllly want to make mine blue also

It is not hard to do... You need five LEDSs of 5W bulbs style. Stock cluster takes 4... 5W style bulbs and 1... 1.2W style bulb
which is behind the oem oil pressure gauge. You just to drill a bigger hole for to replace the small 1.2W style with the bigger 5W bulb.

Last edited: