My Mosin Adventures

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
So I took it out shooting Yesterday, and for some odd ass reason the damn thing was louder than the 45-70 my friend brought...WTF! lol Anyways, shoots like a champ, but one of the screws (lol, like there are more than 2...) came loose and I had to stop shooting. I've got a bit more sanding to do to get everything to mount up perfectly, but it's good to know that before I went and stained/coated it.

p1770904_1.jpg

Was a good day. Can't wait until this thing is ready for deer season.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1770958 said:
Bet that big buttpad helps a lot :rofl:

O hell yes it does! 1" pad, is fucking awesome!

CTsupra;1771028 said:
I always find it funny when people put bi-pod legs on a carbine length rifle ;) :D

The Bipod and Scope are both for the rifle, I just used them on the AR right now because I'm still trying to figure out how to mount the scope on the Mosin.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Yea, I've looked into the ATI option, but the leapers is a no go...that shit would look ridiculously stupid lol

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Poodles;1772227 said:
Leapers setup isn't bad, could just leave the side rails off. Wouldn't look bad on a modern stock either.

I don't think the side rails come off do they? If they do then it would make the perfect candidate.

Edit: Nvm they most definitely look like the come off the rails.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
SupraMario;1772306 said:
I don't think the side rails come off do they? If they do then it would make the perfect candidate.

Edit: Nvm they most definitely look like the come off the rails.

"and two removable side rails have 12 slots each for additional accessories"

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
foreverpsycotic;1772421 said:
"and two removable side rails have 12 slots each for additional accessories"

lol Reading the reviews seem it's a hit or miss deal, but I've got money says I can machine it to properly work :p
The only thing that does bother me is that most are saying it only works with a scout scope or with a full eye relief.

I have this scope to go on it. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP100-34.html is this a full eye relief? I don't want the scope 10 inches from my eye ><

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Well this weekend a buddy and I went to the gun show here, I picked up a single point sling for my AR and a rail for the Mosin. He picked up the ATI stock and the rail point for his Mosin (mine still until he buys it from me). Now I've gotta tap out the pins to put this thing in but it looks like I could make it work pretty well. Next up is to get the bolts bent.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
FullNelson;1778192 said:
Can I ask what is going on with the forearm on the 10/22 in your pic? Looks like those caps for picitinny rails.

They are, I bought that gun for my brother (best friend) for his wedding gift and he taticcooled it lol. It actually feels right holding it with the tri rails on it.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Syracuse, New York, United States
After owning the rifle for damn near a year I got to shoot it this morning...made buddies with a camp so might get some practice in occasionally!

Fired ~40 rounds through it total between me and a few friends, I shot maybe 20 or 25. Milsurp stuff, I'm cleaning it now...dunno if its just me but it certainly didn't have a huge kick like I was expecting, you can tell when it goes off but its not painful. One of the girls who shot it has a bit of a bruise, I wonder if its because I leaned forward and she was leaning back? Beer cans and bottles at 25-50 yards were interesting, I made the shot most of the time but want more practice. I need to properly sight the gun anyways.

A little issue I ran into while going through the last ten rounds: the safety will engage itself after the round is fired. You can't cycle the bolt without pulling the safety straight back (don't have to rotate it 90 degrees...just straight back). It did this consistently after every round was fired, cycling the rounds did not do this. Time to google.

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
p1876202_1.jpg

It was burning a hole in my pocket, I rack disiprine.

Have to talk to my cousin about joining a local rod and gun club that he's part of so when I sight it in properly I can figure out wtf the bolt is doing...unless its stopped, because I gave it a thorough cleaning (again).

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SideWinderGX;1873043 said:
A little issue I ran into while going through the last ten rounds: the safety will engage itself after the round is fired. You can't cycle the bolt without pulling the safety straight back (don't have to rotate it 90 degrees...just straight back). It did this consistently after every round was fired, cycling the rounds did not do this. Time to google.
What did you find out? Was this after each round, or only the last one in the clip? If at the end, I would think that to be part of the design. If after ever round though... that seems strange to me.

Just read your post again, it was after each round? Very strange... I thought they were semi-auto? Errr... nevermind, I'm thinking of the Dragunov, the successor to the Mosin. Well, did you find anything out?

SideWinderGX

Aug 8, 2007
Haven't fired it since, still have to talk with cousin about rod and gun club. I live in a suburban environment, no where for me just to go out shooting ;)

It was after every round of the last ten rounds, some of which I fired and some of which my friend fired. Trigger is pulled, rifle went boom, knob (safety) jumped forward maybe a quarter of an inch. Bolt would not cycle unless you pulled the safety STRAIGHT back (even though the safety is back and 90 degrees). Pulling it straight back would give you an audible click and allow you to cycle the bolt.

Worst case scenario the bolt is crap and I'll just buy another, but when I figure it out I'll post.