My Mosin Adventures

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Scott 88-1JZ;1877867 said:
I figured i would share my Mosin with you guys. Just sporterized it a few months ago. I see you guys talking about scope options, this is what I went with http://www.rocksolidind.com/mosin-nagant.html. You do need to drill and tap but by far I think this is the most solid option I found (and I spent weeks searching).

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Looking good. Is that the ATI stock?

forcefedsupra

aka, Turd Furguson
Jul 19, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Mine has never engaged the safety on it's own. I wonder if you took apart the bolt and cleaned it well if that would help. Also, Brass Stackers makes a great scope rail too.

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
Got both the stock and bipod off amazon. The bipod is the universal bipod using the sling swivel to mount. And yes it is the ATI stock, it works ok but it has fitment issues ymmv (I have some gaps around the barrel and receiver). But altogether the rifle fires good. I can hit 3-5 consistently to a frisbee sized gong at ~400yds. I didn't want the brass stackers mount since you need a long eye relief scope and you cant get very good optics that way. Also I agree with the Bolt not engaging the safety on its own. The bolts are weird and can easily be put together wrong.