My Midnight Blue Pearl - Lots of pics now! Take a look.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
[Dr. Nick's Voice] Hi Everybody!

My name's Shankar, I live in Brampton, Ontario... Canada.

I had a couple of Supras, my current and maybe lifelong Supra is an 87 non-turbo targa 5spd in the middle of a 1jz-gte swap.

As I'm nearing the ending of my swap I thought I would start up some kind of a gallery of a few pictures of my supra and add along the way.

Basically, I had two supras already, my first, was being scrapped and parted, parts being put into the second and the rest sold. While doing this my feelings for the second were going downhill. I didn't want to keep it.

My brother found the 87 in the niagara falls area and we were headed up there anyways, so we went to check it out. I forget how much it was listed for but we ended up getting it for $1020.

The $20 was money for him to drive it to niagara and meet us there. Used CAA and got it towed home.

We got a flatbed and I remember the hick towing it home said that's why you don't take old pieces of shit like this out way to niagara falls in the first place from brampton. He didn't know if was running fine though, just needed a free tow...lol.

That's how it started, here are the pictures. They aren't that great, it was dark and I was focusing on what I could.

ip41a9.jpg

2v3snx4.jpg

25u1ylj.jpg

2aj9n9e.jpg

npjafb.jpg

27xfbyg.jpg

f3ckl0.jpg

14ak9io.jpg

15347yw.jpg

2vchsfm.jpg

General Info:

It has 89+ mouldings
89+ tail lights
Rear wiper was shaved
Antenna was shaved
Square logo shaved, replaced with the larger Toyota "T"
It was painted toyota midnight blue pearl I think the year before her said.
It was used as a work car, power locks worked intermittently.
Sometimes the pass. side window wouldn't go up.
Heater didn't work on low.
Lip was warped, didn't try fixing it with heat, ditched it.
4x4 status on sawblades.
Interior was beaten to hell and back, probably didn't help being used as a work car.
Fog didn't work.
No shift boot.
Windshield was cracked in the corner.
Missing trunk wood/bracket.
Blinkers are sticky, sometimes stick on or off or varies the blinking speed by itself.
Diff. was leaking, from the cover.

That's about all I can think of. This is pretty much the introductiory thread of my supra. Any questions, just ask.

I don't know where ALL of the pics are I took, but I'll try and find them and update as I go :)

I'll bring it up to speed pretty quick and in a few days. Then it will stop dead as my progress on this swap has.

Last edited:

FlipSupra8

Mar 3, 2009
maryland
other than interior its a beautiful mess...shieeet my supras a mess...base color blue and front swapped out panels with pearl white....really white mouldings...but my interior is flawless =) cuz its not leather...anyway goodluck with project..other than interior lookn nice 2 me

Edit....k i think ur talking about the dirt literally..k my fault =)

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Zumtizzle;1408638 said:
Wow. That things a mess. :(

FlipSupra8;1408678 said:
other than interior its a beautiful mess...shieeet my supras a mess...base color blue and front swapped out panels with pearl white....really white mouldings...but my interior is flawless =) cuz its not leather...anyway goodluck with project..other than interior lookn nice 2 me

Edit....k i think ur talking about the dirt literally..k my fault =)

I hope he's talking about the dirt too :icon_razz Interior IS a mess though.

SupraOfDoom;1408699 said:
Dayshots.

Dayshots are coming, I have to start at the beginning right. I bought it at night, snapped some shots right then and there so it's what I have.

If anyone wants me to check out their build threads lead me to them. Honestly, I don't pay much attention to this section mostly because when I look at the threads they're very long and I feel I'm too behind to get in on it...lol.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Never too late to get into a build thread, plus if you read it all, you may find a solution to a problem you have! anyways...good luck with the swap, it should be a blast to drive after!

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Oh yea, for the work done to it, great condition chassis, not to mention this had to be tbe ebst GE out there...lol. I pounded on the motor just for fun. It was funny though, I raced my brother in his 626 (4) and of course I won but MAN was it breathless.

I ended up selling the engine to Adrenaline Motorsports. I had some fun with it before I took it out though, one very rainy day.

I took the lip off, but I wish I had tried to fix it with a heat gun, oh well.

The body is great but I have some stories of it getting it's ass kicked over time. First story is:

When I got it, I noticed there a hole in the back seat bottom. I also noticed some helicopters from the trees underneath so I figure maybe he had some kind of rodent in there, make the hole and try to nest?

Then, I noticed that when I drove it around in the rain under the back seat would get wet. Sooo, I took out the seat, took out all of the plug, put silicone and put them back it and sealed them good. Next time it rain, test drove it and the plugs were sealed great!

Only, that wasn't the problem, it was sealed great and kept the water in. Took the back seat out this time, took it for a test drive with my brother, it's dark now, we went with a flashlight, and it's coming in from the side panels. Damn.

Anyways, I go back home now, supposed to rain tomorrow, I can't take this shit to school like that.....again. Kept driving to school and back in what HAPPENED to be rain season with towels under the back seat.

I check up in the wheel well and DAMN that hole is huge. A hole larger than my fist was spitting the water off of the tires down into my seats. After patching that the body has been ok, mostly, one or two stories more later.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
suprahero;1409334 said:
Midnight blue will still photograph in the daylight...................:sarcasm:

Lol, where do you come up with this shit. It actually comes out more of a purple in the day because of the pearl, change different shades with the light.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Soooo, some pics:

20fozlv.jpg

2jee6v5.jpg

2z5rk80.jpg

zo6yig.jpg

One of the little body problems. Otherwise just the windshield trim missing and the crack, can be seen pictured above.

fji3vb.jpg

I had some JDM tails and bubble markers I had for the other previous supras so they should appear on the car along the line somewhere.

Down the line I bought a RHD 91 Black JZA70, car came with no JDM tails and bubble markers so I switched back and forth a couple times. When I decided to sell the car (to applesauce on here aka Jordan, I so miss that car) I left the bubbles, kept the tails, got another set of markers though. You might see it in some pics ;)

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's a nice color. I'm partial to blue anyways, but that car will be awesome once you're finished with it. Good luck.

:love: :love: :love:

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
These are pics from the same day.

My trunk:
2pspu2r.jpg

2dwf7li.jpg

2ih16vs.jpg

Seats:
2qnurur.jpg

2rc5vdt.jpg

28isx34.jpg

oixdsp.jpg

6z5y4o.jpg

28asv8z.jpg

^Hole in the seat I spoke of.

Underneath:

2heapau.jpg

200cnjp.jpg

atq90.jpg

123tmde.jpg

291nd5z.jpg

2dr8mcj.jpg

Looks ok from the back, can't see all the wear.

2myc8sz.jpg

Only thing decent in there, dash is mint too though.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Here are some pics I took in July with the warm weather, after a wash.

First pic just shows how dirty it was, lots of this colour dust.

2yo6d5x.jpg

riahog.jpg

qb6.jpg

261hsh2.jpg

fa0o7p.jpg

1zdvxfr.jpg

149qdrt.jpg

2vlw8sm.jpg

e9ymfc.jpg

2aj3r0w.jpg

2zybcw2.jpg

2hdwft4.jpg

29wvogp.jpg

2ns85u9.jpg

mr2vs9.jpg

66jjf7.jpg

25i22p1.jpg

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
I had a few pictures "X" out while looking this thread over a minute ago to see the last pics I uploaded.

For those who don't know just right click and click show picture and it will come up, the links are good and the pics are there.

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
Bare with me, I'm doing this in order by the dates on my computer and trying to re-live as I go along.

Anyways, this is September 30/08. These are just a few random pics but the one thing you can get out of the first pic is you can see I changed the rims.

STORY: Here is the story on the rims. Local guy was selling the rims, $300. Not bad, then again he had four good continentals mounted on them. One was bad from rubbing so it was ditched and the other three sold for $250. So I paid $50 for the rims ;) sweet.

Now....winter is going to be coming along soon, it's pretty much october already. Good part is included was four good winter tires, so I mounted those and drove her around. So, four good condition, not mint but pretty good 92 rims with good trea winter tires for $50.

You'll see a few more pics with them soon. I ended up re-working them myself just with some sandpaper and wheel paint. If I don't find a set of rims I like next summer I'll do them over again.

2ut59xu.jpg

dxd94g.jpg

2hyuh6o.jpg

aczgbo.jpg

mhbswx.jpg

Like I said, just random shots, don't know what my aim was when I was taking them but there they are.

sirgeorgee

Mar 3, 2008
Hungary
Congratulations

Really nice find -yes the interior needs some work and cash but otherwise seems to be ok

I would be really happy to find such a beauty for 1020 USD here (but no chance)

keep us posted