My Car vs Audi R8

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
te72;1768517 said:
Power be damned, if my car simply drones and drones at ONE engine speed... that would drive me nuts on a car with such a symphony to come out of the pipes as you run through the gears...

it's like an ever slipping clutch! :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Mikael_7m;1768725 said:
it's like an ever slipping clutch! :)

Exactly! I had a ride in a Maxima with one. Granted the VQ35 Nissan v6 isn't exactly the world's BEST sounding engine, it doesn't sound bad, that is unless you're holding it at ONE rpm point until you change throttle position. Not my idea of fun.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Sadly, no...

Still working on it though. I'm trying to setup a meeting this next week and hopefully have this thing on by the weekend.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Tell me about it. I actually spoke with him Wednesday evening and called him out to a Turkey Day Run. Gobble gobble...

He was supposed to call me yesterday morning; but, he didn't. Winter is approaching so our days are numbered to get this done.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
He doesn't want to race. He sees that you're on his ass about racing him and he's getting the feeling that you'll beat him. I really don't think it's going to happen.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Kenny..Kenny. I read 3 pages then no race? I was hoping that you would have learned from the past that you would race first, avoid hype and none delivery (2009 997 race). (You did pull through with a 997 race after 7 months and 10 pages in the thread...but with a non functioning go pro. Lol.)

Hopefully this Audi guy doesnt burn out his clutch and get a v10. I hope this race happens and you got your go pro figured out .

:icon_bigg

Last edited:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Sadly...I know. Pre-race posts can have a tendency to backfire. It is fun to get predictions though! ;)

Actually, I lined up another run with the Porsche. As soon as my car gets back from the AEM Tuning, it's on. GoPro running this time!

As far as the R8 goes...I wonder if a $1k wager will get him out quicker... :biglaugh:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
CajunKenny;1780097 said:
As far as the R8 goes...I wonder if a $1k wager will get him out quicker... :biglaugh:
Hmm... if he's got the cash to burn buying a 100k car, you'd think that would be enticing enough. Then again, these guys kinda make targets of themselves when you think about it... I'm never surprised by an older car that's fast, personally. Not like you have to make payments on the thing, why NOT make it faster than shit? :)