My Car vs Audi R8

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
go get em man! I think it will be a good race! How the overboosting and meth tune going?

Its a good time to push the motor till its a hulk of twisted metal! Considering winters coming up and all and there is more iron than in china sitting in your garage..(in the form of 7m blocks!)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
grimreaper;1765656 said:
go get em man! I think it will be a good race! How the overboosting and meth tune going?

Its a good time to push the motor till its a hulk of twisted metal! Considering winters coming up and all and there is more iron than in china sitting in your garage..(in the form of 7m blocks!)

Thanks grim. I just got back from tuning and either the medium nozzle (315cc) is too small or the stupid thing isn't injecting. I guess I'll be running him on pump. Oh well...

Turbo Habanero;1765685 said:
good luck Cajun. Be careful.

Thanks man. :)

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
And another upset folks. :3d_frown: I was waiting at the resturaunt when he called to cancel. He was very apologetic and said not to worry, we will race!

Aside from this being a huge dissappointment for the 'No-Show', I was able to get the Water/Meth Ironed out and street tuned this morning, and wasn't able to use it.

Nothing like having a little extra in your back pocket ya know! :naughty:

With the meth, I really think I have a chance at coming out on top. As a matter of fact, I'm going to be looking up a certain Black 997 as well. :evil2:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
^Now that would be funny!

I don't get these guys ya know. Maybe because they have enough money to afford cars of that stature, piddly Supras aren't worth their time. I wish they had the mentality of Mustang owners. You know...run everything they can because their mustang is the fastest pony on earth!

Nihiliz

Die Hard Supra Fan
Jul 23, 2007
United States
www.facebook.com
CajunKenny;1765898 said:
^Now that would be funny!

I don't get these guys ya know. Maybe because they have enough money to afford cars of that stature, piddly Supras aren't worth their time. I wish they had the mentality of Mustang owners. You know...run everything they can because their mustang is the fastest pony on earth!

lol,. no offense to the mustang owners but this is true,. it is also true that if you pull up to a redlight beside a mustang and yell,. Hey,. IS THAT A CAMARO!?.... They will burn out and drive on. :O

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nihiliz;1765926 said:
lol,. no offense to the mustang owners but this is true,. it is also true that if you pull up to a redlight beside a mustang and yell,. Hey,. IS THAT A CAMARO!?.... They will burn out and drive on. :O

Heh... I always liked pulling up beside people in 4 seat convertible "muscle" cars, and letting them know I was sorry. When they ask 'what for?', I tell them I'm sorry that someone broke their roof. Usually gets people pretty good, but I'm gonna have to give your line a try, thanks! :)

Bummer about the bust Kenny, maybe you just scared him off...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
It is a bummer; but, one good thing did come out of this. It was the motivation I needed to finish the water/meth install. ;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
It seems like the R8 uses a CVT. That can be tough to take from a roll. The engine speed stays at its max hp while the transmission adujsts to increase speed.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yeah, that tranny keeps it right in its power band. I now have the meth injecting so I think I'll give him a better run. :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nick M;1767752 said:
It seems like the R8 uses a CVT. That can be tough to take from a roll. The engine speed stays at its max hp while the transmission adujsts to increase speed.

Seriously? What fun is that in a sports car? I can imagine a commuter a-b car, but one of my favorite things about the cars I drive is the feeling, both physically and aurally. I can't imagine a CVT in a sports car...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nick M;1767860 said:
Fun? It is fun to win the race and/or pass people.

Power be damned, if my car simply drones and drones at ONE engine speed... that would drive me nuts on a car with such a symphony to come out of the pipes as you run through the gears...