My 500hp Turbo-A Build.

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
wiseco7mgt;1065690 said:
also i noticed the head was marked with a A although the ports were exactly the same size as my 7mge cressidas which i had on hand at the time to compare. Heres a pic although i wish i had taken more after all the work done.
p1065699_1.jpg

Mk3Les;1065694 said:
Hey cheers for that, info on Turbo A's is really hard to come by. I didnt know they had a number cast into them. I know it was from a Turbo A but if it's the real thing, well I dont really know. What I can say it that it didnt make much more power on the dyno when we bumped it up to 16psi from 14psi, so I left it at 14 :)

First thing to establish its a genuine turbo is the little "E" on front housing! but i didnt know about rear number ill check that tomorrow aswell.

ive got my original injectors in my desk somewhere, i can grab pics??? dont think there much different,, can be wrong though..

cams well by naked eye they dont look very different, maybe different tested on a machine???

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
Mk3Les;1065711 said:
I saw that lol those guys are gonna burn you LOL

Also I was just having a look at your turbo and it looks just like mine.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68012

This it it up against my T04e

I got my flame suit on lol

Well it definatly must be a genuine one :) i was so bumbed i didnt have a stock ct26 to put them in a line up! but my old one was way bigger than a stocky!

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Nice pics there Ian. Hmm now I can see how my new comp wheel compares to my old as I have the T-04z wheel in my 35R now.

Seems like quite a difference in the hot side hto

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
IJ.;1065749 said:
Dan: I found the 3540r made the car really hard to drive as we've discussed before ;)

From 3000 on it was psychotic it's MUCH better behaved with the 04z :D

What cam profile were you running with the 35R? The change with the new comp wheel is interesting, on the dyno sheet its clearly laggier but on the street really it just feels like it hits harder and more aggressively rather than alot laggier.

Thinking out loud does auto vs manual make a large difference to how the turbo feels? Its a shame I never got to use the 35R with stock cams because even the CT-26 felt weak in the midrange when the HKS cams went in

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Same 280's that are in the car still!

The bigger wheel will be moving more mass at a lower pressure ratio so even if it's perceived as "laggier" going my the boost gauge you're still making more power and the car is faster.

My car was pretty well undrivable as a manual with the 3540r and when I changed to an auto it wasn't a whole lot better (watch some of my vids there's manual and auto footage in there)

The 26 would have been the bottle neck no matter what you did to help it breathe ie: cams head work, think of going for a run and breathing through a straw only.

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
Omg 1j! u have crushed my hopes and dreams comparing those turbos lol!! nah i feel my 60-1 is laggy enough for the street! not making full boost till just after 4000rpm!

yeah pete one day we can test them out, ive got a new engine bay pic to send to ya ;)