My 500hp Turbo-A Build.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
zurud;1062226 said:
Its ashame. You got 1 of 500 built cars. Yet you're going to mod and bodykit like 1 million other supras.

I'm with you, bud. If I did anything at all, it would be completely invisible (IE, CT upgrade, bigger injectors, SAFC hidden in the center console/glove box, etc).

Last edited:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Hybrid;1062258 said:
Sorry got to agree also. Turbo A's should be kept looking as they rolled out of the factory.

I actually know of a Turbo A here in Australia that the owner put a 1JZ into!... seriously what a bloody waste :(.

Very similar to what's happening here.

Poodles;1062260 said:
Looks like it was messed with anyway as they had black leather seats not recaros...

I see Recaros in the pics...

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Poodles;1062260 said:
Looks like it was messed with anyway as they had black leather seats not recaros...

Close but not quite, they had grey leather seats the same as the US spec cars only they only have half electric adjustments

mk3

Apr 11, 2008
Australia
yes i would be in the same boat as you guys and keep it original, but it was fucked when i got it from japan. no leather, fucked interior, half the interior missing due to roll cage, different wheels, momo gear knob/steering wheel stolen from when it was sitting at the doc's. so now I'm like...its got nothing turbo-a in it except for the motor and front vent.

And all those who are asking why am i moding it...my brother has a low 11second evo8, my step brother has a 300kw monaro and all my mates have 250rwkw/awkw+ cars...i want them to lose to my supra....plain and simple.

And why am i kitting it up, Paint is fucked, front bar is falling off, front lip is fucked. so i got bomex front lip....and i reckon bomex front lip with no skirts dosent look right due to it hanging down more so i just got the whole lot.

I was tempted to go 2jz instead of moding it heaps, but I'm not that bad, it is STILL a turbo-a after all =P

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'd take the manifold, throttle body, turbo, wiring harness, and ECU out and sell it...

That's about all that's different...

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
The turbo is different too.
I know most people would still go bigger but the turbo on the TurboA is different, larger exhaust housing and wheel as well as larger comp wheel, you can replicate the cold side, but not the hot side

Mk3Les

I'm running a "Turbo A" turbo on my car, at least thats what I think it is. I bought it off SilentSpool on the Aust forums. Here are some pics next to my T04e
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68012

hks_trd;1065657 said:
The turbo is different too.
I know most people would still go bigger but the turbo on the TurboA is different, larger exhaust housing and wheel as well as larger comp wheel, you can replicate the cold side, but not the hot side

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Injectors are different but the cams look the same as a jdm 7mgte's. The headgasket contrary to popular belief is also a stocko type.:biglaugh:

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Mk3Les;1065663 said:
I'm running a "Turbo A" turbo on my car, at least thats what I think it is. I bought it off SilentSpool on the Aust forums. Here are some pics next to my T04e
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68012

I forget which is which but one turbo has 42010 cast into the exhaust housing and the other has 42020 cast into the exhaust housing. I'm sure someone else will be able to supply the number for the normal one so you can figure out for sure if yours is the TurboA one

wiseco7mgt;1065666 said:
Injectors are different but the cams look the same as a jdm 7mgte's. The headgasket contrary to popular belief is also a stocko type.:biglaugh:

Hmm whats different about the injectors, connector or actual size CC wise?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
also i noticed the head was marked with a A although the ports were exactly the same size as my 7mge cressidas which i had on hand at the time to compare. Heres a pic although i wish i had taken more after all the work done.
p1065690_1.jpg

Mk3Les

hks_trd;1065669 said:
I forget which is which but one turbo has 42010 cast into the exhaust housing and the other has 42020 cast into the exhaust housing. I'm sure someone else will be able to supply the number for the normal one so you can figure out for sure if yours is the TurboA one

Hmm whats different about the injectors, connector or actual size CC wise?

Hey cheers for that, info on Turbo A's is really hard to come by. I didnt know they had a number cast into them. I know it was from a Turbo A but if it's the real thing, well I dont really know. What I can say it that it didnt make much more power on the dyno when we bumped it up to 16psi from 14psi, so I left it at 14 :)

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
wiseco7mgt;1065690 said:
also i noticed the head was marked with a A although the ports were exactly the same size as my 7mge cressidas which i had on hand at the time to compare. Heres a pic although i wish i had taken more after all the work done.
p1065695_1.jpg

That head looks very familiar... hmmm.... lol they all blow :( found out the hard way