Moe's - Teal '92 - Cleanup/possible build

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
suprastanger507mgte;979476 said:
Nah its not the shifter. The plates for the 5 speed will need new mounting holes made for. I willl use some self taping screw once everything is ready to be bolted.

Better Idea. haha.

So it's not a C's?

Had my hopes up. None of my realities in Australia or even IJ could find me one.

Looks like i'll have to spend 400 bux or put a WTB ad up on Tokyo Craigslist.

Thanks Again Moe!

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Zumtizzle;979485 said:
Better Idea. haha.

So it's not a C's?

Had my hopes up. None of my realities in Australia or even IJ could find me one.

Looks like i'll have to spend 400 bux or put a WTB ad up on Tokyo Craigslist.

Thanks Again Moe!

You need the right relatives lol .
Nah its not C's but I will let you know which one once I find where I put the information. Couldn't find it last night. lol
No need to friggin put up $400 when you can get something similar, maybe better for less. :)

I gave my C's to my good friend 91mk3 - (Krish) He has helped me out a lot during my swaps and that's the least I could do to say thanks to him and don't regret it giving it to him at all.

And we did an hours worth of work yesterday.
Bolted the engine and teanny mounts.
Put on the JG drive shaft.

That's about it. lol

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Looks awesome. Very clean looking install. I purchased a 2jzge block and I"ll be tackling this soon, but my turbo will be half the trouble yours is since you had two of them.........:biglaugh:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
looking good
nice pic's of the 5spd in the auto hole,look's like a couple of tap's with a mallet should do the trick;)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
HYbrid, thank's for the link. That is the one. For the price it looks pretty good and well made. And comes with everything , even the bushings and the shift knob.

And thanks for the compliments guys. Now I am tackling the 2jzgte wiring Im going to use.
Took off all the plastic crap and ran the wires to see how much extension I needed. From the looks of it, I would only need to extend a few really. most of the reaches adn the Greddy fields harness I have gives me 6 inches extra on the wires length . :)

I decided to strip off ecerything from the harness and will label ALL the wires I am going to use.
Then I am removing all Atomatic tranny and traction contrl and a few VSV wires from the harness altogether. This will simplify things and make the harness neater.

Gotta get to work now.. lol

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Zumtizzle;981263 said:
Looking Good Moe!

Remember.

SILV or Bust!

:evil2:

Well..so far SILV is in the books. But I have to see certain dates and when they fall this year. I also am planning a trip to Fiji, Aussie and New Zealand later around December so I have to save as many days as possible :) :biglaugh: Haven't been on a good vacation in a little while lol.

Anyways, I removed all the Automatic and traction crap from my Harness. Its so much thinner now lol. Now Im laying it down in the car and it seems most important wires will reach without extending. Im trying to take a different approach this time. Instead of just cutting every wire and extending them, I am only doing the ones that come up short. This will save time and keep the mistakes to a minimum.

I also went through all the ecu pinouts and marked all connectors and which ones to use so I don't have to guess. It's time consuming but outcome will be worth it.
So far so good. The wires are layed up in the engine bay and I have made notes which ones will get extending and which ones will need to be added to the harness. Still working on it.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
blackbeauty88;993895 said:
lets get those valve covers done soon man, i will let you know when im in the bay and get those set up for u

Hi Cam, hows it going. Let me know when you are back home and I will bring them by :) Thanks again.

I should have more free time after this Saturday to finish up the wiring. Everything is laid out and labelled, just need to solder and extend some wires :)

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
SNAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need to transplant some wires into the ecu plugs. I smaller 40 pin plug I got does not have any wires for the M-REL and BATT - basically all the power wires....sucks. Need to pin these slots with wires..shouldn't be too hard as I have a spare plug.

Alright........the snag is no more :)

Looks like I have soldered on all the needed wires for the power/sensors/signals on their respective 7mgte plug so now this harness is plug and play :). I won't be srapping it yet until the car has started and is runnning without any issues.
Only thing thing needs to plug in is the reverse lights but the wires and connectors are already layed in.

I think I will be doing the 12 volt fuel pump mod as well .

Now I gotta put on the manifold, radiator, IC piping and IC, hook up the power steerng hoses / radiator hoses and crank it :) I anticipate another week or so....whew.... if all goes well.
No pictures taken yet..maybe tomorrow ...until then enjoy the black car :)...and no this one is still stock.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Whew....finished the wiring of the plugs and wrapped it up and shoved it through to the cabin. Looks factory length and seems to fit in with no issues.
Now the rea test comes - after everything is completely bolted up...I have to see if it fires up lol.Aiming for the weekend to turn the key :)

Note :
I did not cut and extend my harness. I removed all the covering from the Aristo harness and layed it down and plugged averything in its place. Then I shoved the harness though into the cabin and reached the glovebox without issues.
Instead, i only wired in the 7m connectors to the Aristo body harness signals and left the ecu plug as is. This has cut down on the extra wiring and cost as well. I did have to extend all 12 injectors wires and spliced the power wires. I have to say , i did not make more than 10 extensions if I did.

I hope the fuel pump works like factory as it is independant of the main wiring harness. only thing coming for the fuel pump was the B+ signal going to the check connector. Anyone have any insights, please let me know.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
All right, a bit more progress.
I lost my fuel line from the dampner to the fuel rail :( sucks and held me up from bolting on the manifold. Thank god for the parts car sitting on the driveway lol. I will do the bypass mod later though.

Anyways heres how it looks bolted up . It will stay messy like this untill the engine starts and runs, then I can start wrapping the harness and making proper routing arrangements etc to clean things up.

Harness is done with 7m plugs mated up :
sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1008469_1.jpg

p1008469_2.jpg

p1008469_3.jpg

p1008469_4.jpg

p1008469_5.jpg

p1008469_3.jpg

p1008469_7.jpg

p1008469_8.jpg

p1008469_9.jpg

p1008469_10.jpg