Moe's - Teal '92 - Cleanup/possible build

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Hello..............................:biglaugh::icon_surp !!

So since I hate the cold, I did not do much to my newly purchased Teal 1992.
As some of you know, I have sold my 1992 Black MKIII/ 2JZgte and moved on to this one. It appears the death threats and hate emails have all subsided after I sold the Black one, it is safe for me to venture out :) lol

I thought the Black on Black with a 2JZ/Targa was rare until I ran into this one.

Top 10 reasons why I bought it !!!:love:

It is a 1 owner car - older lady driven, always garaged.
Its TEAL !!!
It has a factory SUNROOF ( my bestest option on a MKIII)
It has mint Shadow interior :)
Exterior in excellent condition
It Ran when I bought it :)
I needed another Supra lol
Under the chasis and wheel well were super clean
It had stock Chrome wheels / shiny

So I pulled the motor and sold the 7mgte immediately. I can't go back to a
7m .. sorry lol.

After the rain had subsided a bit last weekend, I brought out the big guns and went at it in the engine bay. Super Clean and Simple Green with a pressure washer removed a lot of the crud, but not enough. I decided to go at it with the hand.
After it dried up, I took Mothers cleaner wax, removed the wires and AC piping on the passenger side and polished the whole side by hand.
Boy what a difference that made. Engine bay looks super clean and I feel a lot better.

As for what engine goes in there, I am still deciding. &mgte is out of the picture. I have had 1JZ and 2JZ powered cars prior, so it can be either.
Or I just may go with a best of both worlds theme.... you know... lol

Anyways... here are some pictures..as most of you don't ike reading :)

retro:

My 91 7mgte powered mildly built MKIII - Black
sm_photo_missing.jpg

My 1992 1JZ powered , then 2JZ powered MKIII - Black on Black
p914026_1.jpg

NOW !

1992 Teal / Black MKIII

p914026_2.jpg

p914026_3.jpg

p914026_4.jpg

After some Cleanup !!

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Not waxed yet !!

p914026_5.jpg

p914026_6.jpg

Passenger side !! Waxed in between Super Bowl Half Time lol

p914026_7.jpg

p914026_8.jpg

p914026_9.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Hope to share more in the days or weeks or who knows months to come :)

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Less than $1000.00? You've got to be kidding me!!!! I'll give you fifteen hundred for it like it sits............Sold!!!!!

Looking very good and you are a lucky person to find such a great deal. Are you forgetting to tell us about the sexual favors you promised this old lady in addition to the thousand dollars? I'm just saying..............

P.S., you really should be pistol whipped for getting rid of that black one. Damn it was a beauty!!!!!!

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Haha...thanks guys for the wonderful comments. I think mr Big Wang summed it up...Im hoping to make it my permanent keeper so a bit more elbow grease is going into it...for sure.
Im undecided on the engine yet. I did think about the UZ, but dropped that idea. Mainly because i don't have much fabrication/welding skills that is a pre-requisite for it.

Jay - No "special favors" were given/offered/implied to the previous owner. However, she kept asking me if I ever had tried "DIMSUM" ??? lol

gts....interior pictures will be added...mostly before ones for now

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Under a thousand !!!!! In my best Val Kilmer voice from Tombstone "Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him"

92 Sunroofs FTW :bigthumb:

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
BlackMKIII;914477 said:
I still say you're a lucky bastard.

Subscribed. ;)

lol!

Okay , so I bought a r154 last Saturday........................and it came with a Gay car ..wtf ??? :biglaugh:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

So I'm in the process of pulling the tranny and a few of other things (I just need the tranny) and then it goes to the Junkyard.
It actually runs lol , :biglaugh:
Lets just say the junkyard is giving me more money than I paid for it :naughty:.