mod getting out of hand ie Jdub

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
My post in Dowards g/b thread (i posted it there b/c thats where i saw the link):

whoa, what is up w/ the EDITING, there was a lot of post on here yesterday and a link to another thread concerning an issue caused by upgrading the front on a car w/ out ABS and now it has all been deleted, why is everyone on here afraid of criticism, i understand you made a product and feel offended by someone questioning it and problems that can be caused by it but by editing and deleting post it seems like your hiding something, if your product is SO GREAT, then let people read everyones comments/questions/concerns and let them decide for themselves,

* btw i have never seen people upgrade their brakes and not upgrade their bmc, do you have a solution for a bigger bmc, b/c if the brakes are bigger then the bmc should be bigger as well, right?'

*also online forums are a place for people to discuss/question/learn, not for those who think they know more to impose their ideas on others,

Jdubs response:
jdub;1353778 said:
Doward didn't delete the posts, I did...do not imply Doward had anything to do with it. He did not...got it? The posts made by GreekSupra were not criticism, they were flames promoting another option using rational that simply was not true. That combined with the language and attitude caused the deletions...this was not censorship in any way, shape or form (as you are implying). Your comments are inappropriate and misleading...any more like it and the same thing will happen...I am dead serious about this.

In addition, this is a Group Buy / For Sale thread. Comments concerning other products and/or options have no place here...period. This is not a democracy...you've had your say, now STFU in this thread.

If you want to start one in the general section debating the attributes of this brake kit vs that brake kit and the positives/negatives of each...have at it. Keep the comments civil (GreekSupra did not) and keep the information accurate or steps will be taken to insure that's what happens. Based on what you are saying, I have a feeling you would not like the result if such a thread gets out-of-hand.

That's the way it is...suggest you heed what I have to say on this matter.

My response:

First of all nowhere did I say doward edited/deleted anything, maybe you should reread my post, I was merely asking what happedn to it b/c I wanted to finish reading a thread b/c I wanted to know the effects of upgrading the front brakes w/out upgrading anything else i.e. mbc, rears, etc,
In no way did I make any misleading or inappropriate comments, my comment was directed at the fact that people had questions or concerns about the product, the way I had read it greeksupra was asking what made dowards kit better than the mk4 kit, as would any buyer interested in purchasing something, he wanted a comparison, I give you the fact that maybe he went about asking it the wrong way, but shouldn’t that be resolved by pm’ing him and telling him to keep it to pm’s or as you stated start a comparison thread, which I’m sure would have been deleted as well,

Your right this is not a democracy, b/c of mods like you, from my understanding this is an online discussion forum, not a “do and believe what jdub tells you to” forums, if anyone’s comments are inappropriate they are yours, there’s no need to tell me to stfu b/c you know what we all share a freedom of speech, so I don’t see why you need to be rude, and threaten to delete my posts, if anything you need to take a chill pill, it’s the internet everyone has an opinion, not just you,

Fear an mod that fears your keyboard!

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
...on a lighter note... my forum-ass is still stinging from the perforated-paddle-ass-whacking that I got from Jdub recently as well...

Fortunately, I was able to see the evil of my ways clearly, and avoid the jury of piers a foray into the public eye with my learning-curve would have swung in a thread-rebuttal of this nature. (Found it in my heart to let him beat me in PRIVATE after that... and those PM's worked out quite nicely as we hashed it out like Noblemen.:sarcasm:)

If not an occasional shepherding by the Eminence our moderators afford us... to whom should we appeal in the instance we find ourselves at the mercy of an otherwise "unfettered lot" this place would fester with?

Hope it all works out. I gotta go get that Guinness that's frosting in the upper half of my fridge a SKOSHI too long now.;)

-crisp

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
sm_photo_missing.jpg

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
IJ.;1353912 said:
You don't have freedom of speech here, where did you get that idea?
Also posted in the wrong section....

crisp;1353922 said:
...on a lighter note... my forum-ass is still stinging from the perforated-paddle-ass-whacking that I got from Jdub recently as well...

Fortunately, I was able to see the evil of my ways clearly, and avoid the jury of piers a foray into the public eye with my learning-curve would have swung in a thread-rebuttal of this nature. (Found it in my heart to let him beat me in PRIVATE after that... and those PM's worked out quite nicely as we hashed it out like Noblemen.:sarcasm:)

If not an occasional shepherding by the Eminence our moderators afford us... to whom should we appeal in the instance we find ourselves at the mercy of an otherwise "unfettered lot" this place would fester with?

Hope it all works out. I gotta go get that Guinness that's frosting in the upper half of my fridge a SKOSHI too long now.;)

-crisp

kwnate;1353925 said:
Moderators will always suck and piss you off. Get over it, you can't win against them. They have their own thread in the mod section right now talking shit about how stupid this thread is.

Tanya;1353926 said:

Indeed.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
RPS, as for the master cylinder vs brake pistons - you need to do some research on hydraulic pressure, and how hydraulics work.

Here's some basics:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/hydraulic1.htm

As for your post - I never saw it, sorry. Yes, your post DOES make it sound like I was the one that edited/deleted it.

GreekSupra went WAY off the deep end trash talking on a subject he clearly knew nothing about. That's why his posts got deleted, they were nothing more than trolling and had no relevance in my thread.

Zazzn's thread didn't get deleted to my knowledge - it was moved out of my GB thread (again, had nothing to do with the group buy, so it needed its own thread). Zazzn's problem would be solved if he fixed his ABS, but that is not a solution to him - he's already been explained to that he would have to appropriately upgrade the rear brakes to restore the bias that the ABS would have taken care of. As far as I know, he's awaiting the unveiling of my 12.6" rears :)

If anyone has any concerns about anything at all, they are free to PM me and we'll discuss it. The problem I have is when people without technical knowledge jump out with what may seem like good information (no offense, RPS, but that's how you sound with your bigger master cylinder comment) but ends up being completely off base.

If you want to discuss why I built the system that I did, with the components I did, feel free to contact me. It's not like I'm hard to find :)

I do appreciate the mods' shoveling of the shit out of the threads - I doubt it's a fun job ;)

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
RPSil13;1353907 said:
whoa, what is up w/ the EDITING, there was a lot of post on here yesterday and a link to another thread concerning an issue caused by upgrading the front on a car w/ out ABS and now it has all been deleted, why is everyone on here afraid of criticism, i understand you made a product and feel offended by someone questioning it and problems that can be caused by it but by editing and deleting post it seems like your hiding something, if your product is SO GREAT, then let people read everyones comments/questions/concerns and let them decide for themselves,

RPSil13;1353907 said:
First of all nowhere did I say doward edited/deleted anything, maybe you should reread my post, I was merely asking what happedn to it b/c I wanted to finish reading a thread b/c I wanted to know the effects of upgrading the front brakes w/out upgrading anything else i.e. mbc, rears, etc,

"By editing and deleting post it seems like your hiding something"...lets see here, it's Dowards thread, you directed the comment at him, followed by comments that implied that Doward was not letting people "decide for themselves". I did read your post...maybe you should read what you write or is reading comprehension a problem for you? Text messaging rotting your brain?

RPSil13;1353907 said:
*also online forums are a place for people to discuss/question/learn, not for those who think they know more to impose their ideas on others,

It is and SM is divided into sub-forums with specific topics. The one you posted this garbage in was a Group Buy / For Sale thread...it is for questions on the product, payment, shipping, etc. How would you like it if guy like GreekSupra and yourself waltz in and start bad mouthing the product or question your integrity by making comments like you did. You wouldn't like it. No one is imposing anything on you...if you don't have a question about what he's selling, it's time to STFU in that thread (just like I clearly said).

RPSil13;1353907 said:
In no way did I make any misleading or inappropriate comments, my comment was directed at the fact that people had questions or concerns about the product, the way I had read it greeksupra was asking what made dowards kit better than the mk4 kit, as would any buyer interested in purchasing something, he wanted a comparison, I give you the fact that maybe he went about asking it the wrong way, but shouldn’t that be resolved by pm’ing him and telling him to keep it to pm’s or as you stated start a comparison thread, which I’m sure would have been deleted as well,

BS...you are using a passive/aggressive attitude to imply something is wrong with deleting posts that have nothing to do with the product Doward worked to develop and is now producing. Not only did he go about it the wrong way, he called Doward a dumb-ass for disagreeing with him. Followed by a series of snide remarks about the brake kit. That might be acceptable for the way you were raised (far too common now & days), sorry, but that is not acceptable on SM. That includes anyone...including you too son.

RPSil13;1353907 said:
Your right this is not a democracy, b/c of mods like you, from my understanding this is an online discussion forum, not a “do and believe what jdub tells you to” forums, if anyone’s comments are inappropriate they are yours, there’s no need to tell me to stfu b/c you know what we all share a freedom of speech, so I don’t see why you need to be rude, and threaten to delete my posts, if anything you need to take a chill pill, it’s the internet everyone has an opinion, not just you,

Fear an mod that fears your keyboard!

Now you're implying that some how I am being unfair, that I have a Nazi like grip on SM, that I censor anyone that disagrees with me. Keep it in perspective...I told you to STFU in Dowards thread and that if you continued, I would delete the post. For the same reason I stated earlier...it is a Group Buy / For Sale thread...the comments you made in it are inappropriate and, frankly, extremely self centered.

IJ moved these most recent comments here for that exact reason...it is inappropriate in that thread. Now, I have the ability to make you look like a complete fool...someone who thinks their "freedom of speech" gives them the right to say and/or do anything they like. Regardless of how it affects others.

From that perspective, it is not a democracy...you will not step on others on this forum, regardless of what you think your "rights" are. You are a guest here at the leisure of SupraCentral and he trusts me to keep the various sections from degenerating into anarchy because of the "I can do what I want" attitude guys like you display. If you don't like it, shoot him a PM.

Concerning freedom of speech, you can pretty much say what you want, but be prepared to take return fire. Neither you nor anyone else will use name calling, derogatory comments directed at an individual, or comments designed to inflame. If you want to express your opinion, be prepared to have someone else express theirs...that just might be about you and it might be something you don't want to hear.

I'm not being rude, I was not threatening you...I was being blunt, something that your parents and the system you grew up in has not prepared you for. Welcome to the real world Noob.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
TBH you should take this to PMs with Jdub he will explain his actions more clearly to you that way, making this thread isn't wise.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Mr.PFloyd;1353962 said:
jdub is probably the worst mod on here.

Care to qualify that...just expressing your opinion? Or, is it because I slapped you around before like I just did this boy? You do have the exact same attitude after all.
Guys like you don't like that...makes their little cat hurt.

Edit: I remember now...I gave you an infraction that you thought was "unfair". The one you PM'ed SC about...tell me, how did that go? LOL...I see your little cat is still hurt!

I'm thinking (could be wrong), that there are a lot of folks here that will disagree. Why don't you PM SC and ask to take my job...oh wait, you are one of those guys that has the distinction of having their own thread in the Mod section. A distinction that very few achieve.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
John has never been Useless or out of control.

Free Expression is Big; But posting in a FS Thread or GB Thread about the product or related gibberish is a big GTFO.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
D34DC311;1353978 said:
LOL you said...'gina lol

I did :)

And to clarify, my post is in regards to those having a go at the mod team.

If you have an issue with them, why are you here?

If it weren't for them, there wouldn't be an SM.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
D34DC311;1353965 said:
TBH you should take this to PMs with Jdub he will explain his actions more clearly to you that way, making this thread isn't wise.

Yeah, not man enough to do that...has to go public with innuendo. He actually didn't make this thread, he continued to garbage up Doward's GB thread. IJ gave him an infraction for doing that (after I warned him not to) and moved his comments here.

Freedom of speech after all ;)
(Now he gets the full impact of that statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.